F250 guy

Truck opinions.

aint a 351, a small block, the Cleveland engine not as good, the 460 a big block, that may need to be readdressed, as far as the potential.

a bigger truck, i'd might rather have the 460.

Edited by LedFTed

it's just me ... I'd steer clear of this one ... erg doesn't work, and had plans for a delete ... and the power steering is out, but has a new one ?...... like fish mentioned the rear tires set in just a tad further in then the front wheels ... air bags might say this truck has week rear leaf springs from  years of being over loaded, and if you look close .. the gap between the height of the cab, compaired to the bed is off, which make me think the rubber cab supports are in need of replacing...... and why no pics of the engine room.or underside front, and back,  too many red flags IMO 

image.jpg

• Thanks 1

yelp!!  😁

a money project. sucks at your wallet, best it can. an then some.

i got into one of those projects.

still, running that one. 64 ford tractor. 🤮

Edited by LedFTed

6 hours ago, LedFTed said:

aint a 351, a small block, the Cleveland engine not as good, the 460 a big block, that may need to be readdressed, as far as the potential.

a bigger truck, i'd might rather have the 460.

Let's see if I can get this right ----- Ford made 4 versions of the 351 , and some will argue that some of the 351s were big blocks , but they were not , all were considered small blocks ,  the 351 Windsor , 351 Cleveland , 351 Modified and the 351/400Modified , you had to go to 352 to get into the big blocks , the 352 was built off the 335 big block back in the day , the 351/400 did have the big block bell housing pattern , even though it was a small block 

• Like 1

i thought it was just the 351 cleveland, and windsor, i always liked the old 360, and 390, and the perolane delivery trucks had the industrial 377 ... 

I am sure there were other versions , here is a list of big block Ford's I found :

Big Block - 332/352/360/361/390/406/410/427/428/429/Boss 429/460

• Like 2

8 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

it's just me ... I'd steer clear of this one ... erg doesn't work, and had plans for a delete ... and the power steering is out, but has a new one ?...... like fish mentioned the rear tires set in just a tad further in then the front wheels ... air bags might say this truck has week rear leaf springs from  years of being over loaded, and if you look close .. the gap between the height of the cab, compaired to the bed is off, which make me think the rubber cab supports are in need of replacing...... and why no pics of the engine room.or underside front, and back,  too many red flags IMO 

image.jpg

I'm still looking though like I said by the time the Stemulas check and bonus money comes, heck I may build a CJ7 one peace at a time in my driveway. 

7 hours ago, F250 guy said:

I'm still looking though like I said by the time the Stemulas check and bonus money comes, heck I may build a CJ7 one peace at a time in my driveway. 

I take it you don't work as a financial planner for a living..... like the others mentioned, I wouldn't rely on a stimulus check.🙄

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, PROV said:

I take it you don't work as a financial planner for a living..... like the others mentioned, I wouldn't rely on a stimulus check.🙄

I know the rolled eyes lol but nobody is hiring now. Not for landscaping in my area. I checked. I'll find something eventually but I'm making money on the side doing yard work. Not 8 hours a day but it's something. 

PROV please realize folks have financial troubles so please don't criticize. Thank you. 

Edited by F250 guy
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I am sure there were other versions , here is a list of big block Ford's I found :

Big Block - 332/352/360/361/390/406/410/427/428/429/Boss 429/460

fish.... thanks ... i got it wrong .. it's not a 377, it's a 370, 4-v which from my looking is the same block as a 429,  but the 370 had cast iron crank, back years ago the 370 came out in many f- series medium duty trucks ... 

27 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

fish.... thanks ... i got it wrong .. it's not a 377, it's a 370, 4-v which from my looking is the same block as a 429,  but the 370 had cast iron crank, back years ago the 370 came out in many f- series medium duty trucks ... 

My dad had a 6 yard dump truck and it had a 352 in it 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I wondered myself on the 370 engine if it was an off brand 460. Open the hood of an 88 F-600 gas truck and 370 Lima on the air cleaner. 

• Like 1

What's the general opinion on the good ol 6.9? 86 F-250 up the road 30 minutes from me for 2,000.00

Guy chased his tail on a fuel problem. Stupid sending unit hoses in the tank broke off resulting in him replacing everything fuel related but the IP. It's a STRONG truck 150k  4 speed 4x4. Very clean.

received_655315838521241.jpeg

received_2802090680056519.jpeg

received_405324800859899.jpeg

received_354726789124445.jpeg

a friend who used deliver for petrolane ...got my pop to convert his chevy k30 one ton over ... popped the hood on his gas truck, and recall seeing that same word ... but i do recall how... the monster gas regulator system right below the air cleaner, he ran that deliivery truck for years... no telling how many miles / high engine rpms it ran while filling a tank. 

4 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

a friend who used deliver for petrolane ...got my pop to convert his chevy k30 one ton over ... popped the hood on his gas truck, and recall seeing that same word ... but i do recall how... the monster gas regulator system right below the air cleaner, he ran that deliivery truck for years... no telling how many miles / high engine rpms it ran while filling a tank. 

Diesel right like the 86 I'm looking at? Or another truck, not fimilar with chevys

no no... the delivery truck was a f-700 best i recall 5 speed, two speed rear end ... 370 engine .. a little 6.9 wouldn't handle the work load that 370 did .... NOT A CHANCE. 

my pops truck (same one Ive talked about in the past) 80 k30 Chevy (squar body as jeep calls them)  350 CID 4x4 flat steal dump bed .. 

my bad on the mix up. 

Edited by _Wilson_™

wow ... bunch of wire hack on that one ... i can't say much for the paint job ether .. nor the interior, bald tires .. $900 or less IMO, not even close to his asking price of 2 grand .. run away from that one. lol! 

5 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

wow ... bunch of wire hack on that one ... i can't say much for the paint job ether .. nor the interior, bald tires .. $900 or less IMO, not even close to his asking price of 2 grand .. run away from that one. lol! 

I'll ask on the wiring but hey either that or spend another 6 months looking. 😁 Tires I understand. Interior yea it can be spruced up. It's a work truck.