Emanuel

Fail 23 trx 420

Buen día...desde Argentina tengo un TRX 420tm 4x2 2018 y me acusa falla 23. Dos destellos lentos y tres rápidos cuando le doy contacto.

Me podrán ayudar 

gracias 

saludos

Good morning ... from Argentina I have a 2018 TRX 420tm 4x2 and it accuses me of failure 23. Two slow flashes and three fast flashes when I give contact.

Can you help me

thanks

Cheers

• Thanks 1

Cuando el indicador de marcha parpadea "-" Code 23, es el sensor de ángulo de cambio. Solo en modelos DCT y ES.

Cuando el indicador de mantenimiento (llave) parpadea, el código 23 es el sensor 02. La máquina no presenta síntomas negativos, actúa normalmente.

Si es el sensor de ángulo, es el n. ° 13 en el esquema, el número de pieza es 38800-HR3-A21

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/atv/2018/trx420tm1-a-rancher-es/rear-crankcase-cover

Si es la llave que parpadea, es el sensor 02, que es parte 36531-HR3-A21

#8 here.

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/atv/2018/trx420tm1-a-rancher-es/exhaust-muffler

• Thanks 1

well..i can't read the op's words ? ( seems jeep did ! ), but from the looks of code 23 ?, thats a angle sensor issue !.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, shadetree said:

well..i can't read the op's words ? ( seems jeep did ! ), but from the looks of code 23 ?, thats a angle sensor issue !.

Code 23 is the O2 sensor,  not the angle sensor....

14 minutes ago, TBRider said:

From what I found (and keep in mind I'm not real savvy on the 14-up machines) if the wrench is blinking 23, it's the 02 sensor.  If the gear position is blinking 23, it's the angle sensor.

I would think a TM would be a 2wd, footshift, but both of the schematics that partizilla show a 420TM and the description says "420 Rancher ES"

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/atv/2018

I'm going to go with it's a footshift and has a bad 02 sensor. 

• Like 2

On 10/19/2020 at 2:17 PM, TBRider said:

yeah..sorry, i keep forgetting the 420's have a wrench on the dash, my bad :-).

OP. the newer 420 models have a known issue with bad O2 sensors from the factory, i believe honda has an updated O2 part for the fix ?.

• Like 1

Its not a bad O2 sensor, its the multiple short starts and using the cheapest fuel man can find.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TBRider said:

No es un mal sensor de O2, son los múltiples arranques cortos y el uso del combustible más barato que el hombre puede encontrar.

thank you very much ... in Argentina premium fuel is very bad.

Get a new O2 sensor and the code will go away, try and always use hi test fuel and make sure the engine gets hot after starting it.

Its not cheap fuel. I'm running ethanol free $$ gas and am on my 2nd o2 sensor. Hopefully put an original one in it the 1st time and not a updated one