Wheeler

How much would YOU pay for NEW OEM Plastics?

How much would u be willing to pay for a set of NEW OEM Honda Green 300 plastics?? 

I’ve talked with a guy in Louisiana that has a set.. 

I’m on the fence weather to pull pin or not. I could buy an entire running quad for the price, yet KNOW they are a golden nugget...

Thid gen?

Just the fenders? $600-$800? Shipping?

tough to find marks but even harder are the placards And gen ii
mudguards

Edited by Goober

Gen 2. No black mud guards ect.. mm placards never even looked. He wants $1400us so $1900cnd then shipping.. 

I'd pass on that price, I just saw an add for 85-87 250 atc meier replacement fenders, full set 600 US

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

How much would u be willing to pay for a set of NEW OEM Honda Green 300 plastics?? 

I’ve talked with a guy in Louisiana that has a set.. 

I’m on the fence weather to pull pin or not. I could buy an entire running quad for the price, yet KNOW they are a golden nugget...

Guy from Louisiana with the highest price I ever heard of for  green plastics.  Has to be Greg K from Monroe.  He gets nice stuff. But prices are insane.  But he gets it , so there are a lot of insane or filthy rich people out there.  Which one are you Wheeler —-  lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TBRider said:

I'd pass on that price, I just saw an add for 85-87 250 atc meier replacement fenders, full set 600 US

I’d never go Meier! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Guy from Louisiana with the highest price I ever heard of for  green plastics.  Has to be Greg K from Monroe.  He gets nice stuff. But prices are insane.  But he gets it , so there are a lot of insane or filthy rich people out there.  Which one are you Wheeler —-  lol 

bahahha ya that’s his Name!

maybe a bit of both !??!! J/K

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, TBRider said:

Agree with TB. Hard pass for me at anything over $200 before shipping. No such thing as new OEM maybe NOS but that is just used.

You can refinish any set of scratched up green ones to new. I'll fix up back to factory for you and send em North, just find a set for cheap.

Edit: Maier can be good. I dunno why you say that really. Acerbis I could understand but its all plastic and inferior to OEM.

Edited by oh400ex

29 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

i think I've heard of him too. maybe in another post, good choice on passing this up wow! 

maier doesn't carry the green .. just red, for the 300 you'd still be looking at $600 + according to the site....  but at least you'd get the corrugated  trunk lid ... 

image.jpg

image.jpg

$5 rattle can paint , good enough for me >>> guess I am easily amused , I know I am going to tear it up any ways 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

$5 rattle can paint , good enough for me >>> guess I am easily amused , I know I am going to tear it up any ways 

Good for Christmas if he painted the red ones green with the cheap stuff.

Maybe you should paint it with Peel-Coat that way you can take it off when you want the red back 🤣

Plastic color changes can be done correctly where they don't peel at the first branch. You have to spend money and time on prep. The key is lots of sanding and adhesion promoter.

You need to go plastic > adhesion promoter > plastic primer > plastic color base > plastic clear if you want results that last.

• Like 1

I go liquid sand paper , paint degreaser , no primer  and Rustoleum plastic rattle can paint , does a good enough job for me 

• Like 1

maier used to have those greens at one time ... i thought ..there price sure beats his hands down. their was another guy someplace  else who deals completely in honda atv plastics , maybe posted in the old forums.. has hundreds of sets .. all kept in sheds. fish do you recall that post ? I'm kind of drawing a blank. it wasn't catfish.. lol! 

16 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

maier used to have those greens at one time ... i thought ..there price sure beats his hands down. their was another guy someplace  else who deals completely in honda atv plastics , maybe posted in the old forums.. has hundreds of sets .. all kept in sheds. fish do you recall that post ? I'm kind of drawing a blank. it wasn't catfish.. lol! 

I think your thinking of Greg , he has a lot and good stuff , just high prices ---

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

could be, best i recall, Somone was looking for tan oem 300 plastics, i think ? i was looking for a hook up on the fender flairs .. 

14 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

could be, best i recall, Somone was looking for tan oem 300 plastics, i think ? i was looking for a hook up on the fender flairs .. 

he gets the new 300 1st gen smooth  flares , sells them for $80 each 

Seems like if you really want other colored fenders you should contact Maier. They would likely do it for a custom charge. If red is $600 I can't imagine it being more than $1000 USD to get a custom set of green ones from them.

The cheapest option is to do this yourself. Get any color fenders and spend the time and effort to do it right with the paint. Custom colors are expensive.

I don't even like the green personally. My least favorite color they made.

13 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

he gets the new 300 1st gen smooth  flares , sells them for $80 each 

did some digging and came up with  two front  smooth flairs $40 each... do you recall that site @Macarena Man posted honda restore , or something like that.. maybe just the place wheeler should check out for oem green plastics, i might have the link saved some place.

Edited by _Wilson_™

Ya I’m. It buying any plastics for $1900 plus shipping. Nope. I was dreaming too much yesterday boyz....

Nothing wrong with mine that the Novous Plastic Polish won’t fix.. 

I had wayy too many beer again yesterday.. 

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 2

oh no big deal, wheeler .. soon as i find that link I'll send it to you.  you might check with goober on that novous polish, i think he added some a few other methods to really make it work good ? 

I bought a new set of tan fenders 3-4 years ago. They cost me about 150 apiece shipped from partzilla.

Now that they have discontinued them and prices have gotten stupid, I will probably end up hanging onto them for a few more years and then selling them. 

I just can’t see putting them on a wheeler and then taking it in the woods. It’s kind of like putting a super custom paint job on a jeep and then driving it off in the mud. 

I save my good fenders to put it on flip bikes and put the beater plastics on mine.

I drink beer when I ride and I don’t want to be stressed about scratches or scrapes on my fenders

• Like 2

And Greg was very reasonable on his new fenders when you could still get them from Honda.  His pricing was cheaper than msrp.

Now that they have discontinued them, he has raised his prices, as anyone with a brain would do.

• Like 2