Michael franklin

2001 honda rancher 350 es need help

Hi guys im new to this paige. I got a 2001 honda rancher 350 es. I got hit in the back of the bike and cracked the rear plastics. I took the plastics off to plastic weld them back together and that went fine. When I got the plastics back in the bike. I put the fuse box and all the wire back into the battery box and when I putt the battery in I accidentally brushed the negative wire on the positive post while the positive wire was touching the negative post. I get everything button up thinking it wasn't a big deal. Until I tried starting it. When I turned the key I noticed that none of the headlights won't work and it won't start from the button. I go in the fuse box and found a 30 Amp fuse blown so I replaced it. Now when I turn the key I can here a click wich meant I got the starting system back or wich I thought. Replacing the fuse did  nothing so I got my multimeter and made shure the battery has power wich it did and mad shure that the starter solenoid was getting power wich it also was. So I jumped the selonoid out wich made the bike crank over. I pulled the spark plug out to see if it was getting spark and it wasn't. I cleaned all connections and gave them a shot of dialect grease so I know it's not a connection problem. At the moment I am stumped. Could someone please help me 

Sounds like you friend something else. 

Make sure you didn't bump the handlebar kill switch on the left side, and assuming that's in the Run position, you're going to have to start checking wires with a voltmeter for power.

Download the factory service manual from the toolbar at the top of the page, and look in the back of the manual.  It has wiring diagrams for each year.

Start at the ignition switch, and see if you have power coming to the CDI, and back out.  Hopefully you didn't fry the CDI.