Mossboss

Not shifting all the way

Is there any information on adjusting the clutch with the adjustment screw on a 2003 450 es? I am finding that when I shift and I watch the emergency shift lever it does not return all the way so I can’t change to another gear without moving the lever a small amount 

Loosen the 14mm lock nut and turn center screw counter clockwise until you feel slight pressure the turn clockwise 1/4 turn, hold center screw in place and tighten lock nut.

Service manuals are available here free at top of page if you need one.

Ok here is where I Stand, I can shift between 1-N-R no problem with electric shift, but to shift up I have to move the foot lever a little before I can shift up to 2,3,4 gear, once in third I can down shift to 2 and back to 3 with no problem but once I go to 2 I have to move foot lever a little to get it to go to 1 and neutral

Is your battery good and charging properly?

You need a battery with good voltage for the es system.

You might need to go through the es system connections and check it out thoroughly including shift motor.

Retro is a member on this forum with a real good write up on how to prep your es system.

I have followed his instructions on several es machines for friends and my own that had issues and brought them back to better than new.

It is time consuming to go through everything but always worth it in the end for me.

Ill look for his post and link it for ya if I find it.

• Thanks 1

Yes I have already pulled and cleaned the shift motor and reinstalled, battery is good, even tried it with charger hooked up to battery