centralscrutinizer

2002 TRX350FE Shift Issue

The hillbilly is back with another adventure.

So while pushing snow with this awesome machine, I have a shift issue. Here are the details:

After using for 15 or 20 minutes, the engine revs and I cannot shift back to neutral and reverse. It also has the issue of going from neutral to 1st gear sometimes. So what I have found is, I kill the engine and then am able to shift to reverse sometimes, not all the time. Also, when I turn the key back on, a Code 5 gear position message is displayed. When I kill and then restart and it will not shift, I let it set a while (maybe 30 minutes) and it will then work okay until it starts having its little hissy fit again.

Again ideas? Gear position switch going bad?

So a little humor is justified here, don't do this: The last time it had the shift issue, I just let it sit where it was. I will go back and try again in a while. The problem is my afternoon nap overwhelmed me and when I went back out an hour later, the ugly little button you push to shift into neutral was frozen and I couldn't move it. So I just drove over the snow bank and continued pushing snow!!! She is proudly back in the garage waiting for me to fix her.

Thanks for ready my story..............

• Haha 1

Did you look at retros ES thread?

Start there, and adjust your clutch.

• Like 1