dujmbpesrons123

Honda Fourtrax 300 - has Spark, Compression, Gas. No start

Hello,

recently redid all the wiring, did a carb rebuild and it’s good as new and gas makes it to the carb. I checked compression and got like 163 at full throttle. I will post pictures of the spark I got it’s pretty consistent.

i was wondering what my next steps would be? Throw on a new top end? Or anything else.

appreciate everyone’s help, haven’t worked on atvs too much so i might be making a stupid mistake.

model: 1989 Fourtrax 300fw

FF6D9534-59F1-4643-A4C0-48FBBAA65750.jpeg

On 7/25/2024 at 8:53 AM, dujmbpesrons123 said:

Hello,

recently redid all the wiring, did a carb rebuild and it’s good as new and gas makes it to the carb. I checked compression and got like 163 at full throttle. I will post pictures of the spark I got it’s pretty consistent.

i was wondering what my next steps would be? Throw on a new top end? Or anything else.

appreciate everyone’s help, haven’t worked on atvs too much so i might be making a stupid mistake.

model: 1989 Fourtrax 300fw

IMG_0569.mov

FF6D9534-59F1-4643-A4C0-48FBBAA65750.jpeg

IMG_0569.mov

sounds like you got everything you need for it to start and run ?, but !!..if the timing is off ?, it will never start. please check the timing !!. make sure it all lines up ?, if not ?, it won't start.

2 hours ago, shadetree said:

sounds like you got everything you need for it to start and run ?, but !!..if the timing is off ?, it will never start. please check the timing !!. make sure it all lines up ?, if not ?, it won't start.

Thanks, do you know where in the manual I can find how to set compressions. I’ve looked through it and can’t find it in there. 

Or if there is a YouTube video I appreciate your help.

Thank you

13 hours ago, dujmbpesrons123 said:

Thanks, do you know where in the manual I can find how to set compressions. I’ve looked through it and can’t find it in there. 

Or if there is a YouTube video I appreciate your help.

Thank you

you don't set compression; did you mean set timing ?. first, you do not '' set '' timing, you do however, check the timing. if you are in the states ?, send me a pm with your cell number, i can tell you faster than typing out a book..lol.

• Haha 1