struthers

2007 Honda Foreman 500Fe no spark

No those reading are good -- Now  check the spark side of the ign. coil -- it should read 6 - 9 K ohms  -- plug wire to ground

Leave the Bl/Y wire off the coil don/t use it - remove the spark plug wire from spark plug and test spark wire plug wire to ground

@Melatvokay i the B/Y wire is off the coil I have removed the spakr plug wire from the spark plug and from the boot and tested the spark to ground still no spark

Posted (edited)

from the inside of the boot to ground - what is the ohm reading - make sure you are touching the wire inside the boot

Edited by Melatv

Okay  -- unplug the ECM -- check all the pins for bent or broken ones -- also look for corrosion in the ECM boot.

Also check the ohms on the Bl/y wire on the ECM connector to the Bl/Y on the ign. coil -- should read zero

@Melatv okay the pins look to be in good condition, the ecm plug i dont notice any corrosion. B/Y from the ECM to the B/Y that goes to the coil reads about 0.2 ohms

Been a long day -- will check some more -- tomorrow

Hi @struthers make sure your battery is fully charged -- just because it reads 12 vdc with your meter doesn't mean its charged 

@Melatv I will look into some more come Sunday having family over at the moment, the battery I have has a digital indicator on it that shows the voltage and it wasn't showing low

Hi -- A meter or digital indicator is only a reading doesn't tell you the battery is charged -- you need a load on the battery to test it. You can try this place a meter on the battery -- turn the high beams on the bike for 1 minute and turn lights off the voltage should climb back up to 12 vdc right away. These atv's need a good fully charged battery to start. 

• Like 1

@struthers charge the battery -- check the CKP sensor -- unplug the CKP sensor -- put your meter on the AC scale -- crank the motor -- your see a voltage on the Bu/Y & W wires 

Also check the ohms of the CKP -- should read 100 - 300 ohms

1 hour ago, struthers said:

@Melatv charging battery, I do see voltage at blue and yellow and white wires at CKP, the ohms are about 248 ohms

That is good 

Hi Test the Key switch -- put meter on ohms scale -- with Key sw unplugged R to Bl should zero ohms  --- R/Bl to P should read zero ohms