old man

Main fuse pops instantly

Hey people, I'm new to this world. I have a 03 ranger. Have only ridden it .5 miles since owned. Shut off while riding it. Found main fuse had blown. When I tried replacing it, it be low instantly. During trouble shooting. I found if I disconnect reg. Rectifier I don't blow the fuse. Then I was able to get it back in neutral. Checked the rectifier, it seems ok. But with it installed it blows the fuse. Can it test good and still blow fuses. Can't find any bad wires. Any thoughts 

37 minutes ago, old man said:

Hey people, I'm new to this world. I have a 03 ranger. Have only ridden it .5 miles since owned. Shut off while riding it. Found main fuse had blown. When I tried replacing it, it be low instantly. During trouble shooting. I found if I disconnect reg. Rectifier I don't blow the fuse. Then I was able to get it back in neutral. Checked the rectifier, it seems ok. But with it installed it blows the fuse. Can it test good and still blow fuses. Can't find any bad wires. Any thoughts 

Welcome aboard.   The regulator is a not-uncommon part to fail on a 350.

It may have failed for the previous owner, who put aftermarket junk on there.

Buy a used OEM regulator, and see if that fixes your problem.  If unplugging it stops your fuse from blowing it has to be a bad regulator or associated wiring.

This is my "go to" place for used parts most of the time.  They stand behind what they sell.

https://www.powersportsnation.com/honda-rancher-350-fm-02-regulator-31600-hn5-671-48143.html