Austin

Computer bypass kit

2001 Trx350fe which bypass kit is the best one to buy? Seeing a lot on the internet just didn’t know if this is a good route to go? Getting zero out of my electric shift. The person I bought the bike from welded a foot shift lever on the bike. 

9 hours ago, Austin said:

2001 Trx350fe which bypass kit is the best one to buy? Seeing a lot on the internet just didn’t know if this is a good route to go? Getting zero out of my electric shift. The person I bought the bike from welded a foot shift lever on the bike. 

a heads up !!..even though it has a foot shift lever welded to the shifting shaft ?, thats not a '' fix-all '' solution !. the end of the shifting shaft in the front of the engine is very small, it cannot handle the load of shifting by foot, sooo..be very careful when shifting by foot !!..otherwise you will strip those splines out fast. manual shift models have a much bigger splines at that end area, where they can handle the load when shifting. also, have a look at where that person welded the lever on the shifting shaft, make sure you are not losing oil out of the oil seal around that shaft ?, most times folks melt that seal when they do this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, shadetree said:

a heads up !!..even though it has a foot shift lever welded to the shifting shaft ?, thats not a '' fix-all '' solution !. the end of the shifting shaft in the front of the engine is very small, it cannot handle the load of shifting by foot, sooo..be very careful when shifting by foot !!..otherwise you will strip those splines out fast. manual shift models have a much bigger splines at that end area, where they can handle the load when shifting. also, have a look at where that person welded the lever on the shifting shaft, make sure you are not losing oil out of the oil seal around that shaft ?, most times folks melt that seal when they do this.

Yeah I’m not gonna ride it till I get the situation fixed. Just wondering if the bypass kit is the way to solve the problem. No oil is leaking that I can see. Thanks for the heads up