F250 guy

Echo SRM-3020U surprise issue, Anyone have any ideas?

Note. This gem is 5 months old I was trying to see if there is a cleaner burning fuel, Anybody else ever switch fuel mixes and have a plug run lean on the back side of the ground leg? See I was using Sonoco, then Tru Fuel 50:1 cause of convenice but figured out the big cans are 110oz not a true gallon. So I switched to VP Racing multi mix just really stumped factory dealer adjustment. I am however getting the factory tool. Just wanted your opinions, 

Fuel I was running was 92 octane with the Tru Fuel. I never had this happen. I did run the Red Armor for a while but the bottles that let u mix 6 gallons are kinda pricey, but I thought worth it till I started adding up prices. 

If I can get over getting ripped off I may stick with Tru Fuel but more likely I'll go the extra distance and mix it myself, this was just an experiment I wanted to conduct. Just curious if anyone else had issues pop up like this. No marks on the piston and cylinder. Of course my flash is on but it wouldn't affect the pictures. 

IMG_20210912_163308.jpg

IMG_20210912_163252.jpg

IMG_20210912_171119.jpg

IMG_20210912_171104.jpg

Edited by F250 guy

I switched back to Tru Fuel buying quarts, it didn't occur to me that the VP burned so clean I needed to adjust the mixture that takes the Walbro long D style tool that dealers won't sell you. I'm not buying gallon cans of Tru Fuel, for that I'll go mix it up at Sonoco. Not made of money anymore lol. My boss had nothing for me to do for over a month, so I'm cutting grass again.

Interesting.  You sure you didn't just get a wonky plug that was arcing at the wrong spot?

I don't put much thought into the fuel I run.   Ethanol free 87 from the local Farmer's Co-op goes into all of my small engines.  2 stroke oil is usually whatever's on the shelf when I need it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Interesting.  You sure you didn't just get a wonky plug that was arcing at the wrong spot?

I don't put much thought into the fuel I run.   Ethanol free 87 from the local Farmer's Co-op goes into all of my small engines.  2 stroke oil is usually whatever's on the shelf when I need it.

Factory plug, but I did check and it's not arching wrong, from what I understand now about all of the new emissions standards make them burn that way or cleaner fuel, I switched back to Tru Fuel until the carb tool comes in nice n light black how they all usually are lol. Yea can't believe I never thought a cleaner burning fuel would do that hey first time for everything. 

I used to be of that frame of mind until my main mower died and I was doing a yard for payment. Then I started to investigate the true cause. Poor fuel.

On that note if anyone is interested go to Taryl Fixes All channel on YouTube go to his playlist and the fuel additive experiment is very very interesting. 

IMG_20210913_145118.jpg

IMG_20210913_145106.jpg

Edited by F250 guy
  • Like 1