Hoonigan606

400 foreman intermittent spark when I flip the Killswitch???

Intermittent spark only when I play with the on off switch. I've pulled my hair out on this thing, new CDI boxes, new coil, new rectifier, new battery. Neutral light is on ... Blue spark from plug when I play with the switch. I did change the switch. and same problem still. There's gotta be something I'm missing and I knew this would be the place to ask for help. Thanks. Any tips would be greatly appreciated

6 hours ago, Hoonigan606 said:

Intermittent spark only when I play with the on off switch. I've pulled my hair out on this thing, new CDI boxes, new coil, new rectifier, new battery. Neutral light is on ... Blue spark from plug when I play with the switch. I did change the switch. and same problem still. There's gotta be something I'm missing and I knew this would be the place to ask for help. Thanks. Any tips would be greatly appreciated

first, which on/off switch we talking about here ?, ignition switch ?, or '' kill '' switch ?. and were all these parts oem from honda..and not some b.s. china knock-off parts ?.

I was talking about the Killswitch, and the reason I can't get spark is because I can't get the reverse light to go off. It stays lit up red even when I shift it into another gear, I just changed the pickup coil and neutral switch also.and shadetree they're all oem parts straight from honda

6 minutes ago, Hoonigan606 said:

I was talking about the Killswitch, and the reason I can't get spark is because I can't get the reverse light to go off. It stays lit up red even when I shift it into another gear, I just changed the pickup coil and neutral switch also.and shadetree they're all oem parts straight from honda

ok, when you are saying neutral switch, you mean the gear position switch, correct ?.

The thing behind the stator that turns and changes the gear? What are the reasons my reverse light would always stay on??? The wiring is butchered throughout the harness and I'm having ! getting it right. Any suggestions, Ive seen your content before shadetree I know you can help me figure this out

4 hours ago, Hoonigan606 said:

The thing behind the stator that turns and changes the gear? What are the reasons my reverse light would always stay on??? The wiring is butchered throughout the harness and I'm having ! getting it right. Any suggestions, Ive seen your content before shadetree I know you can help me figure this out

other than the wire harness being a mess, which does not help !. it is very posb you installed the gear position switch 180 out ?. not what you wanted to hear i'm sure, but you will need to pull the rear cover ( stator ) and check the switch to make sure you have it installed the correct way. once back apart, notice the tang on switch, longest end faces, rest over the letter N that is stamped below on top of the plastic piece , if the tang is not set this way ?, it will give you problems.

32 minutes ago, Hoonigan606 said:

Thanks I ready have the cover off from last night so I'll try that and see what hat happens

see if the tang is out 180 ?. its bolted to the cover.