Krypto313

Is there an alternative product for METER ASSY., COMBINATION 37200-HN5-M11

Welcome to the forum!

I sent you my contact information just now,

if you need any additional information or help just let me know

AKATV

Edited by AKATV

I have a 2006 TRX350FE Ranger ES with a bad Meter display. We have not opened it to check for water damage but can do that next. The problem that led me to this forum is we are having difficulty getting the shifter to work, and we are trying to rule out different parts. We've confirmed the shift motor is working (we can shift into R, N, and 1 by at the plug - but nothing is happening from the handle shifter. Is it possible that a bad meter would be the problem? I understand I need 37200-HN5-M11.

Thanks for any guidance you can offer.

Welcome to the forum!

The Rancher 350 will shift even without speedometer installed, so that is not your issue

The only way I have seen speedometer cause and issue with shifting is If it shifts and then stops shifting, then

it COULD be  that your ECU is not getting speed signal which is routed through the speedometer to the ECU

Keep in mind ECU is designed to stop shifting if it detects a component failure.

If you turn the key off and back on and it starts shifting again  then ECU is detecting a failure and shutting it down

BONUS!- on your model, the gear position indicator will flash a failure code to identify faulty component area, which are also listed in the Service manual

I would do all electronic shift checks as per manual, which you can download here on the forum-

heres the link

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VocUaF1K4_fDh_SVCaq3Rkc747M58ZQd

Usual suspects are -

(fuses)

angle sensor

shift motor

gear position switch

speed sensor

Let us know what you find out

-AKATV

Edited by AKATV

Hello AKATV, can you send me your contact info as well. I recently purchased a 2004 TRX350FE knowing the dash was bad but at the time thought I could find a replacement. Boy was I wrong. The dash has had severe water intrusion. Today I thought I would try to ean the circuit board with some contact cleaner, I ended up popping off some small components that the solder joint was to corroded. The dash used to kind of show speed now it is all just blank, I definitely made it worse. I don't have pictures of it at the moment but can get some. 

Welcome to the forum

I am currently still repairing these for the time being

If you would like to contact me for a repair, I will send my contact information to your message box

-AKATV

42 minutes ago, Adam.randolph said:

Hello AKATV, can you send me your contact info as well. I recently purchased a 2004 TRX350FE knowing the dash was bad but at the time thought I could find a replacement. Boy was I wrong. The dash has had severe water intrusion. Today I thought I would try to ean the circuit board with some contact cleaner, I ended up popping off some small components that the solder joint was to corroded. The dash used to kind of show speed now it is all just blank, I definitely made it worse. I don't have pictures of it at the moment but can get some. 

Welcome to the forum, you’re in a great place to get your machine back up and running!

Sounds like that water damage is pretty bad, but send me a few pictures and let me see what you have going on.

I will send my contact information to your message box if you’d like to look into a repair or would like me source parts for you

-AKATV

@AKATV

Any chance that this screen can be repaired. It looks like it has sat in the Texas sun a little too long. The first time I put power to it after they brought it into the shop I could just barely make out the screen but now it all black.

IMG_20231116_090418724.jpg

Hi, welcome to the forum!
Really depends on what you have going on there. Kind of hard to tell from the picture -Can you  turn the headlights on and make the back light on the speedometer come on?

-AKATV

2 hours ago, AKATV said:

Really depends on what you have going on there. Kind of hard to tell from the picture -Can you  turn the headlights on and make the back light on the speedometer come on?

-AKATV

IMG_20231116_132025850.jpg

IMG_20231116_132047138.jpg

Thanks for posting the picture with your back light oN, It really tells me a whole lot more about what you have going on.
Fortunately, your data has not been corrupted so it does not need to be reprogrammed.
You will need to have both front and rear polarization films as well as your back light filter replaced

I’m not sure about that black spot in the middle that COULD be an internal defect of the LCD.

That would mean that your whole glass would need to be replaced

Usually though, when it’s an internal defect, they are black is black can be, but sometimes they can be a little bit more translucent

I can repair it as well,  It was just requires sourcing the parts.

If you’d like to look into a repair, I’ll send my contact information to your message box and we can take it from there

-AKATV 

@AKATV.  Hi my15 year old son ask me to try and get a him new meter assy, just to find out they are no longer made. Don't want to tell him that. Stumbaled across this tread I see you repair these. We are intrested on having it fixed if posibal, are still doing them?.. If your not, not a big deal. My son wheeler is a 2004 Rancher 350. See attched pic's, I felling that its all sun damage i don't see signs of any water damage. Thank you!!!

20231230_183518.jpg

20231230_183448.jpg

20231230_183652.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the picture,. It really helps a lot.

I should be able to get this taken care of for you

I will send my contact information to your message box if you’d like to look into a repair

-AKATV 

I have the same issues as everyone else in the thread I was wondering if you're still fixing them and if I could get your contact info. Thank you and have a good day

Thete isn’t really an alternate but I might be able to repair what you have.
I’ll send my contact information to your message box.

It helps if you can post a picture and a little bit more information about what you have going on.

-AKATV 

On 3/2/2024 at 3:13 PM, Dell695 said:

I have the same issues as everyone else in the thread I was wondering if you're still fixing them and if I could get your contact info. Thank you and have a good day

Dell695

I wanted to let you know that I have sent my direct contact information to your message box as requested

It also looks like you replied to a " replynotification email" you received and that wont work

You have to reply to messages here on your account for messages to to be routed correctly

-AKATV

Hi AKATV, I have a very similar problem. My 2005 Honda Rancher 350 4x4 display went out, i can turn the backlight on but it shows nothing. I will take a pic when I can. I was out riding in the rain and after a while water got into the cracks I'm guessing and now shows nothing. I recently rebuilt the motor too and it showed 99999 hours and 99999 miles, also got switched to KPH. Can I get an estimate of how much that would be? Thanks.

Welcome to the forum!

if you remove the top cover and take a few pictures on the little bit more about what you have going on

Hard to tell if this point, it could range anything from a simple power issue all the way up to a completely destroyed circuit card from water damage
I’ll send my contact information to your message box as well

-AKATV

@AKATV  Hey sir I have a 2001 Honda RANCHER 350 4X4 ES with same issues on screen - please provide contact info for repair.

Thanks Rodster 

Welcome to the forum!

Post a picture or two with it powered up so we can see what’s going on,

It helps if you can turn the headlights on so the display is illuminated

In the meantime, I’ll send my contact information to your message box.

-AKATV