Tvindivo

01 Trx450es foreman dropped valve

Hey guys new to the forum, looking for a new or used cylinder head, mine dropped a valve and pushed it thru the head, I e searched for new and aftermarket and at this point haven’t had any success. All show unavailable 

I have read the the 400 cylinder head is same other than valve size , can anybody confirm this and if that’s all I can find would I be best to install a 400 jug and piston or port it to allow the 450 jug and piston 

any and all help appreciated, if some one has a 450es part machine and is willing to sell me the head I am definitely interested 

thanks tvindivo CB58BC76-ABA5-41BF-823D-06F18CA72387.jpeg

6B37A2E1-D522-42FE-A268-E5853D0F327B.jpeg

Hi , welcome to the forum , the 400 and 450 have the same valves , the difference is the 400 has a smaller combustion chamber than the 450 ,  ---- I can assure you a 400 head  will work as ,  I have a 450 with a 400 head , it will have a bit more compression , you don't need to use the 400 jug of piston --- I would send my jug to G+H Discount ATV , they will bore it for you , or recommend a replacement if it is beyond rebuildable specs and send you everything you need to do the job , piston , rings , seals , etc , total cost around $225 

• Like 1

Wow -never seen one punch thru that way before

Its good that it didnt bung up the cylinder and piston

I might be able to help you out, I think I have a 400 as well as a 450 head- will have to check my parts

Were you looking for either one or just 450?

AKATV

Edited by AKATV

28 minutes ago, AKATV said:

I might be able to help you out, I think I have a 400 as well as a 450 head- will have to check my parts

AKATV

14 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Hi , welcome to the forum , the 400 and 450 have the same valves , the difference is the 400 has a smaller combustion chamber than the 450 ,  ---- I can assure you a 400 head  will work as ,  I have a 450 with a 400 head , it will have a bit more compression , you don't need to use the 400 jug of piston --- I would send my jug to G+H Discount ATV , they will bore it for you , or recommend a replacement if it is beyond rebuildable specs and send you everything you need to do the job , piston , rings , seals , etc , total cost around $225 

Thanks, I purchased a jug already just need to find a head 

31 minutes ago, AKATV said:

AKATV

I have seen a few odd thing in my days but nothing like that, and not to harm the piston at all, regardless I’m replacing jug and piston, the head if you have I would buy either or just to get it up and running again 

let me know  and thanks 

If it don't work out with  AKATV , I know where there is a honey hole of 450 heads , but , they don't ship , are you close to  southern Louisiana 

11 minutes ago, Tvindivo said:

Thanks, I purchased a jug already just need to find a head 

So what you went with a CHina special , or maybe a Taiwanese 

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

So what you went with a CHina special , or maybe a Taiwanese 

I went with the one from atv cylinders, says it’s factory jug and wiseco piston 

I’m in Canada so would definitely need shipping 

I have a good Foreman 400 head out in the shed I was holding for a spare

If you are interested in it, I will send contact information to your message box

I can post a picture or two here today or tomorrow as well

Not sure shipping wise as far as cost to Canada?

AKATV

Edited by AKATV