glintz450es

04 450 es no 4x4

Hi guys new to the forum I have a 04 450 es I just redid  the entire engine runs great went out for a rip everything worked properly on my way back home the 4x4 light started blinking 6 times and no 4x4  ,now the 4x4 light doesn't blink or light up at all and 4x4 doesn't work I've made sure battery is charged ,checked all the connections and verified the bike is properly charging not 100% sure where to go next with it hope u guys have an idea for me thanks 

Welcome to the forum.  Error code 6 is an alternator problem.

I'd check your fuses first of all.  What voltage are you getting at the battery with it running? 

Section 22 in the factory service manual covers the front diff on 02-04 (free download in PDF if you look under the forum header there's a "service manuals" button). 

Since you're no longer throwing a code, that's going to make finding the issue more complicated.  I'd start checking wires for continuity between the diff and the ECU, which should be outlined in that section of the manual.

Wiring diagrams are in the back of the manual as well.  Most likely it's just a loose connection somewhere, but finding it might be a PITA.

Thanks for the reply jeepwm69 all fuses are good idling voltage is just over 13v and goes up to 14.4ish under throttle, I've checked and cleaned/greesed all connections so like uve suggested I assume I'm going to be chasing and testing wires at this point 

The front diff works off an electromagnet.  So basically when you put it in 4wd, power is sent to that electromagnet and that locks the front diff into 4wd.

The green plug on your diff is the actuator.

Download the FSM and look in section 22.  There are wiring diagrams that show which wires run where, and troubleshooting on that error code 6 which should give you an idea of which wires to look at.

i never trust error codes, my money say's the 4wd control unit is bad ?, or one of the speed sensors is bad ?, orrrrrrrrr..the cennection to the speed sensors might not be getting a good clean connection ?.

• Like 1