MaggieBlu

Tools

I need an OHM meter, is there one  any better then the other? Recommendations please , I will purchase from Amazon. I just need one that will work for me I don't plan on making a living with it LOL  Fluke is a great brand but a bit out of my price range

Edited by MaggieBlu
additional information

Yeah, there are lots of decent meters available cheap and lots of garbage too. A decent usable multimeter most be rated for a minimum of 10 megohms per volt (higher is better) Impedance. Look for a minimum of 6000 counts too, higher is better. True RMS is needed for AC volts measurements.

Fluke is one of the best quality brands that you can buy but the high quality and exceptional safety standards of Fluke meters makes them very expensive.

There are a few decent cheap china meters manufactured by Aneng and sold on Amazon. The higher the price the better the features.... Look for an Autoranging model meeting or exceeding the above listed specs/features for sure.

There are several rebranded Aneng meters for sale too. For instance, the Tougs M202+ is a rebranded Aneng, as are all of the Tougs brand meters.

EDIT: A meter that is powered by two 1.5 volt AA batteries (3 volts total power supply) is better than meters powered by 4 AA batteries or a single 9 volt battery. A low voltage power supply allows you to test low voltage diode junctions like LEDS for instance, with better accuracy.

• Like 1

It looks like I will be doing the work myself, my friend that was helping is leaving today. His dad is in the hospital and he has to get back north to help him. Oh this is going to be fun LOL

It's fun for us too! Lets get going in your thread whenever you are ready!