Willis

37200-HN0-A02 convert to 14 pin

New to all this forum stuff, long time viewer first time poster! I have a 2001 Honda 450es and of course display is completely missing. I did happen to get a 37200-HN0-A02 with a ten pin connector (for the S model) is there a way to wire it in????????

Welcome to the forum!

The 450S meter does not display gear position on the meter, the ES meter does- thats what the extra wires are for

You might be able to wire it in- not sure it will work as do I know that the ES shift control ECU does not like  Speedometer and wiring issues and will (most likely)

shut down electronic shifting as its designed to do if it does not get the proper gear and speed signals

Probably not worth risking damaging ECU and speedometer harness for

Might be better to try and find used replacement meter, although they are pretty hard to come by and getting pricey nowadays

I might be able to chase down parts and pieces if you are looking

If I can help with anything else or you needany additional information just let me know

-AKATV

• Like 1

Okay, I do have the shift bypass in so it will shift as long as the battery has power!! Also all I really want is it to tell me when I am in neutral, but for all the hassle I will just wire a light in for that if I can’t find a display.

Thank you 

Sounds like if you have the shift  ECU bypassed then you have it covered

The light green/red wire is your neutral signal wire that goes to ground when put in neutral and turns on the neutral light, gray is for reverse

I would think you would want to want to maintain the oil temp light as well?

Keep in mind your CDI has the get the neutral ground signal as well in order to spark

-AKATV

• Like 1

On the 450ES there are two wires that are pink, Pink/Blue for 1st gear and Pink/Green for the speed sensor signal

You can download the service manual for 450S/ES with wiring diagrams here on the forum as well

-AKATV