Seenit783

LCD SCREEN BLANK NEED REPAIR

Well, to start off never thought I'd join another forum. I thought everything was on fb or reddit. Anyway. Took delivery of a 02 450s and I have everything working. Screen lights up with everything but digital read out

Everything looks good. Screen is a little messed up from heat but everything seems to pristine inside hud. Akatv is the go to guy but since I'm new I can't direct message him. It said I had to do this first.

Welcome to the forum Seenit783!

This is not just another forum, it is THE #1 FORUM for Honda ATVs, haha lol😃

Are these Foremans 450ES electric shift or 450S foot shift?

Anyways, post a few pictures on what you have going on and we can take it from there

I will send my contact info to your message box as well

Dont forget to stop in New Member area and say Hi!

-AKATV

Edited by AKATV
  • Like 2

(Sorry- I see now it is a 2002 450S model

I read it as "2 Foreman 450's"- too much coffee....

• Like 1

Thanks for the pictures

It looks like you might have a power issue as well as a polarization film issue on your meter

Usually they’re not completely blank like that-

You might want to check and make 100% sure that you have battery voltage on the red/black wire and the brown/black wire are using green is ground

If you do, then it’s possible you might have a CPU failure/bad circuit card or dropped programming

if you’d like to send it to me for testing, there’s no charge for that. I could put a temporary replacement screen on there to make sure your card is good and give you a quote on what repairs you need
I will send my contact information to your message box if you’d like to look into a repair

-AKATV

Hello @AKATV I own a small engine repair shop down in Williams, AZ. Could you message me with some info on a possible repair for a meter on a 2001 Rancher ES? 

image1.jpeg

Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

It looks like you have a 2 wheel drive rancher 350 that the LCD screen has an internal failure on as well as water damage to the circuit board

you’re going to have to replace some parts  and I can help you out with that

I will send my contact information to your message box.

-AKATV