DFP

2006 Honda Rancher 350 ES

Installed a electric bypass shift harness on my ATV, but know its blowing the 10 amp ignition fuse. Also, motor well not turn over with the start button, but will using the light switch. Battery good any ideas?

Thanks

If it allstarted when you installed bypass harness, I would question if harness was made correctly

or it is hooked up incorrectly

I would double check installation, maybe post some pictures

If its blowing IGN fuse obviously there is a short somewhere

Are you saying the light switch turns starter over- or the starter button only works when lights are on?

-AKATV

Yeah double tripled check connection seems installed correctly. Yes the light switch is the only button that well turn the engine over, but won’t fire. How is the original shirt harness wired to the battery and should it be disconnected?

thanks

Something DEFINITELY isn’t wired correctly if your light switch is making your starter turn over
Does your starter button work normally when you unhook the harness?

-AKATV

Yeah definitely. Havent tried that yet. Should I disconnect the old harness from power? If so, how is it wired. I don't see where its wired to the battery.

Thanks

You need to disconnect negative (black wire) at battery to remove all power from harness

It would help a lot to post some pictures to help sort it out

-AKATV

Ok went back a wired back in the original harness and now no power, no oil or neutral light etc. battery good jumped starter from solenoid and turned over. Fuses good?

We can sort it out, sounds like you have a wire unhooked, fuse bad or something similar

-do you have the wiring diagram/service manual?

If not here you go, wiring diagram is in the back

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VocUaF1K4_fDh_SVCaq3Rkc747M58ZQd

Double check fuses to be sure

Check your battery neg/ground wire to motor connection

Edited by AKATV

No sir. I hope I can/we can. Just frustrating. Hooked everything back as it was originally and now nothing. Thank you for responding to my post.

Well, we can start by following power out of the battery and see where it ends. Do you have a multimeter?

-AKATV

Edited by AKATV
  • Like 1

-check your battery voltage at the negative and positive terminal

-Then with your red lead of the multimeter on the positive terminal, check your voltage with black lead to the frame to make sure your ground is good -if you have voltage go to next step

-With a black lead on the battery negative you want to check to see if you have voltage at the two wire plug that comes off the positive terminal that goes to the starter solenoid

-then check the red wire at your regulator rectifier to see if you have battery voltage there

-Then you can check out your ignition switch harness red wire to see if you have battery voltage

(-or you can just start at the ignition switch and work your way backwards)

either way, let us know what you find out and where you have it, or do not have it, and we can take it from there

-AKATV 

• Like 1