HnF

Rancher display issues

Hey guys:  I’ve seen several posts regarding the repair of the display on Honda Ranchers.  Well, my too went dark.  I am new to this site, and am unsure as to how to contact akatv to obtain a quote.   Can anyone help me contact him?  Thanks

Hi

Welcome to the forum HnF!

I will send contact information to your message box

-AKATV

Hi sethtate, welcome to the forum!

Let me know what questions you have, and how I  can help

-AKATV

@AKATV I am having an issue with my display where it lights up but you cannot see the words. Attached are pictures of the display. 

IMG_3540.jpeg

IMG_3541.jpeg

IMG_3542.jpeg

IMG_3543.jpeg

IMG_3544.jpeg

IMG_3545.jpeg

Mr. Ron (AKATV) did an outstanding job on my Rancher display which had the same issue as yours.   I highly recommend him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi and welcome to the forum!
I should be able to get you taken care of. It looks like pretty standard polarization film and backlight filter damages due to UV/sunlight.

I can see that your circuit card is powering up because it’s showing the top of the zero for the speedometer, so that’s good

If you purchase a plastic automotive headlight polishing kit, you can clean up that top cover to make it almost clear as new with a little bit of elbow grease they only cost about 10 or 15 bucks at Walmart

If you’d like to contact me for the LCD repair, I will send my contact information to your message box

-AKATV

I am a new member and I am trying to contact AKATV. My 2003 Rancher digital display is not working. Interested in getting you to repair it. Would you please message me?

Thanks, Chris

1 hour ago, Atenacbell said:

I am a new member and I am trying to contact AKATV. My 2003 Rancher digital display is not working. Interested in getting you to repair it. Would you please message me?

Thanks, Chris

Welcome aboard

Tagging @AKATV

• Thanks 1

Welcome to the forum Chris

I replied to your separate direct message with my contact information.

-AKATV

@AKATV, you seem to be quite a busy person around these parts! 

I just mostly restored a 2003 Rancher 350 ES, and my last piece of the puzzle is the meter. I replaced the meter cover thinking that it was the only problem, only to reveal that the LCD display was in an unusable state. While searching for a replacement part/solution, I came across all of the folks that you have helped out with the same problem from this forum. I'm reaching out in hopes of getting mine fixed.

I look forward to hearing from you,

JHood

ATV Meter 1.jpg

ATV Meter 2.jpg

Hi and welcome to the forum

If you could remove that top cover and let me get a good look at that LCD I can let you know if it can be refurbished or if it has to be replaced

I will also send my direct contact information to your message box if you would like to look into a repair
-AKATV