BroMike_K23

2009 Honda Foreman 500 won't fire over.

Parked my bike for 3 weeks while at work, no issues before I left.
Came back home, bike wouldn't spin over or anything. Checked all fuses (all good), replaced starter solenoid, & battery.
Bike will spin over but won't fire up. I then replaced the spark plug, spark plug wire, & Coil pack.
Bike still will only spin but not fire over.
Also, beforehand I could pull start, but now it will not do anything when trying to pull start.
Any opinions or recommendations on this issue?
Thanks in advance.

Welcome aboard. 

First question, do you have a good bright green Neutral light on the dash, and is the dash showing N on the gear indicator?

Did you make sure the kill switch on the left handlebar is in the middle position?  (Pretty sure the 500 Foreman won't turn over at all with the switch not in the middle, but I know some machines will turn over, but not have spark)

Did you use OEM or aftermarket coil and solenoid? 

Appreciate it man.

I do have N & bright green light.

The kill switch is in the middle, I did try to slide it back and forth, left or right I got nothing, in the middle it would just spin.

I did use OEM on all parts replaced.

Are you sure you're not starving for fuel?  Either spray a bit of starter fluid on the air filter, or a bit of gas.   See if anything happens.

If you still don't have spark, I'd start looking for mice chewed wires, both back around the battery, and you'll probably have to pull the front fender to expose the ECU which is under the front fender right below the pod headlight.

I'll try that when I get back, work out of state. Once I do I'll let you know. 

I appreciate the info and the invite to join.

• Like 3