krod

2004 foreman 450 screen repair

Posted (edited)

I was wondering if you are still repairing speedometers for the 04 Foreman 450

I have fixed one of these screens before by using the polarized film replacement I tried that on this screen and I still display shows nothing also only half the screen is backlit other half is not

Edited by krod
More info
  • Like 1

Hi krod welcome to the forum

I still do repairs on these

Post a picture of what you have going on and maybe I can offer some insight

If only half  of your back light is coming on, you might have an issue with circuit board and/or water damages

-AKATV

Posted (edited)

You definitely have some water damage down on the lower left, you can see the rust and corrosion around the silver capacitors and I see a couple resistors there that look like they might be shorted by mineralization

Most likely your board has a CPU or power circuit failure

i’ve never seen a partial back light failure like that but seeing as the water damage is on the left side and your left side is not illuminating, I would assume that they are associated

If you power off your card with your display removed, can you confirm that only the right LEDs are working?

I would check your power inputs first to make sure they are good at the circuit card. You should be having 12volts at the red/black wire and the brown/black wire with the key on using green as ground.

Also, one thing I noted, I see a part of the broken backplate still screwed to the circuit card, which is indicative of have been cracked or ripped out of the back plate if that much force has been applied in or around the circuit card, you could’ve fractured solder joints or component mountings Or cracked the card

That’s just my two cents from what I see from pictures

I will send my contact information to your message box as well 

-AKATV 

Edited by AKATV