jvfd0265

2004 Rubicon Meter

I've got a 2004 Rubicon and Honda just recently discontinued the speedometer for it. The speedometer for my rubicon does not allow it to shift and it stays in limp mode. Took the one off my buddies Rubicon and my rubicon works fine. Initially we had thought the speed sensor was bad because it kept throwing that code, replaced it with a brand new one and it was still throwing the codes for the speed sensor so we tested it with a multimeter and found its not supplying the power to the speed sensor. Anyone know what may need replaced to make this one work correctly because the meter doesn't exist on the market anywhere. If it's not fixable will the meter from one of the foremans around the same year work or one from a 2005 rubicon? I have been all over ebay as well its not out there.

Welcome to the forum!

Does the meter register speed or stay at zero?

There are some components that can go bad on the board that will cause this

If you would like to look into a repair, I will send you my direct contact information

-AKATV

Yes someone on another forum had told me to get into contact with you. It stays at zero the whole time and the ATV stays in first gear no matter what mode you are in.

I do a lot of repairs on these
Sounds like it’s not getting the speed signal to the ECU and it’s stuck in limp mode. It’s likely caused by a bad power output circuit to the speed sensor on the circuit card

Do you have any water damage to the card at all?

-AKATV