BlueJay

Cheap fender flares

My old flares were crumbling and I didn’t want to pay the high price of new ones so I made my own from a Home Depot floor mat. It was $25 so if it doesn’t hold up no big loss. IMG_6859.jpegI may opt for some thicker material if I can find it. Overall I was pleased with the result for my hunting rig. 

IMG_6855.jpeg

IMG_6861.jpeg

• Like 3

Looks good! whats ya got attached to the exhaust ? Cuz I see by the badges on the head lamp pod and trunk a deer hunter specail so im thinking a type of silencer ? Can ya post some clear pics of it ? And more of the flares too..... im needing some for my 97 300 4wd....shes naked right now...for those thinking.... i pull from the rack NOPE the chains just hanging.

IMG_8760.PNG

IMG_8761.PNG

Yeah, that’s a silencer I made from an 8” piece of iron pipe. I threaded the inside of ten exhaust opening and it just screws in. Here are a couple more pics of the flares. 

IMG_6860.jpeg

IMG_6858.jpeg

IMG_6857.jpeg

IMG_6856.jpeg

• Like 2

On 2/9/2024 at 6:05 PM, BlueJay said:

My old flares were crumbling and I didn’t want to pay the high price of new ones so I made my own from a Home Depot floor mat. It was $25 so if it doesn’t hold up no big loss. IMG_6859.jpegI may opt for some thicker material if I can find it. Overall I was pleased with the result for my hunting rig. 

IMG_6855.jpeg

IMG_6861.jpeg

I like the way they look. I need some too for a forman ,but don't want to pay the high price. I'll probably make some . Is that some type of rubber or plastic?

• Like 1

It is a rubber material and very flexible. About 3/16”. I wanted something thicker but the thicker mat that was in the store already was cracked as it was rolled up and would probably rip easily on the trail. I haven’t trail tested this hard yet so I will see how it holds up and report back after deer season starts in August. 

• Like 1