Dude_Abides

Rancher 350 ES LCD issue - sort of?

Hi there! I am hoping to get some advice.  When turning the key on my 2006 TRX350TE, the oil light illuminates but the LCD is dark and the neutral LED does not light.   If I disconnect the battery and reconnect it while the key is in the on position, everything works as it should.  Turn the key off and back on, the display is dark.   

Any idea why disconnecting and reconnecting the battery would be a one-time workaround?  Is this an ignition or an LCD issue?

Thanks!

- Bill

5 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Hi, Bill. Welcome to the forums,( @AKATV  Paged) would be the one i'd hunt up.

Thanks, Jay!  Great to be here and I appreciate the warm welcome.

As an update to my symptoms, the LCD backlight does work when I put the key in the ON position even though the neutral/reverse LED(s) and LCD do not display.   I also noticed I need to wait three or four seconds between attempts before cycling battery power to "reset" the device or it remains dark.

- Bill

• Like 1

Hi

Sounds like you might have a failed/failing capacitor or zener diode on your board

I see it quite often especially on that model

If you would like to contact me for a repair 

I will send my contact information to your message box

-AKATV

• Like 1

BIG Shoutout to @AKATV for resolving my Speedometer problem.  He worked with me directly to troubleshot common issues, asking for nothing in return.  We mutually agreed this was a CPU issue and he helped me with a replacement.  End of the day, I found him knowledgeable and honest - something rarely seen these days.  The whole process took only a couple of weeks since he is extremely responsive.  Thank you kind sir!

Here are some before and after pics:

IMG_4297.jpeg

IMG_3251.jpg

Thank you @AKATV!!!!!!!

- Bill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the kind words Bill

It’s nice here on the forum where we can all get together and help sort things out, whether it’s electrical, transmission, or a particular issue with a particular model-it’s great to be able to help each other out.

This forum is an incredible knowledge base full of helpful members and I’m glad I can help out from time to time

Have a great weekend and I hope to see you around the forum!

-AKATV

Edited by AKATV