honda

Gas leak from carb

I have a 2000 trx450 that's losing fuel from somewhere on the carb. Hard to tell exactly where since the whole thing was covered in fuel when I found this problem. When I wiggled the fuel line, there was gas oozing out of where it connects to the carb. That seems slightly abnormal to me but maybe that is how it works all the time? What would be the issue there, is the fuel line worn out or is the clip not holding it on properly? Also, the little black knob underneath the fuel line was leaking gas when I pressed it in. I dont know what it does but that doesn't seem like it's working either... Any thoughts? Thanks

8 hours ago, honda said:

I have a 2000 trx450 that's losing fuel from somewhere on the carb. Hard to tell exactly where since the whole thing was covered in fuel when I found this problem. When I wiggled the fuel line, there was gas oozing out of where it connects to the carb. That seems slightly abnormal to me but maybe that is how it works all the time? What would be the issue there, is the fuel line worn out or is the clip not holding it on properly? Also, the little black knob underneath the fuel line was leaking gas when I pressed it in. I dont know what it does but that doesn't seem like it's working either... Any thoughts? Thanks

its posb the fuel line needs replacing. as for the black knob ?, thats a primer bulb, i never use it, its worthless, but they do leak over time. it will need replacing as well.

So does it need to be oem fuel line cause it looks like it only comes in quite long lengths and is fairly expensive. Also the oem primer bulb is expensive tho amazon has some off brand ones for a lower price. As you said it doesn't really get used anyways so an off brand one should work eh?

Another question, the two hoses that come up out of the carb, then join together and end up in the white plastic piece in front of the carb, two of those hoses have cracks in them where they clip on to the Y piece. Is that an issue? It doesn't look like they do a lot since they end out in the open. Could the cracked sections simply be clipped off and reattached?

Thanks a lot for taking time to help

8 minutes ago, honda said:

So does it need to be oem fuel line cause it looks like it only comes in quite long lengths and is fairly expensive. Also the oem primer bulb is expensive tho amazon has some off brand ones for a lower price. As you said it doesn't really get used anyways so an off brand one should work eh?

Another question, the two hoses that come up out of the carb, then join together and end up in the white plastic piece in front of the carb, two of those hoses have cracks in them where they clip on to the Y piece. Is that an issue? It doesn't look like they do a lot since they end out in the open. Could the cracked sections simply be clipped off and reattached?

Thanks a lot for taking time to help

save your money, go to AutoZone, O'Reilly's, napa, any one of these places sell fuel line, normally when i replace fuel lines on atvs..or any engine for this matter ?, i buy fuel injection rated fuel lines from autozone, it's not cheap by the foot ?, but its cheaper than wasting cash with honda !..lol. may as well grab some small hose clamps while your there..they are easier to install than those stupid clamps honda uses. as for those cracked lines ?, they are just carb vent lines, not much to worry about when re-attaching them. myself ?, i always remove them..toss them in the trash, why ?..because i do not ride in any kind of deep water, mud..so forth. soo..i do not worry about anything getting into the carb. only time this may..or may not be an issue for me ?..is when i wash my atvs down with a water hose..pressure washer ?..but even then .i try to keep the water away from the carb.