cdyoder

05 honda forman 500 four wheel drive won't engage

1 hour ago, cdyoder said:

You can buy just the actuator too on ebay without buying the whole dif. That should fix my problem correct?

i know Powersportsnation started separating the actuator and pinion from the diff and selling them separately.

If you look around I think you’ll find a complete used front diff as cheap or cheaper than the actuator alone will cost.

I think your right. I wish I didn't have to spend the money, but oh well. I'm pretty sure I picked up the most wore out fourwheeler ever. I did find you can buy the whole dif used a little cheaper then just the actuator. If it wasn't too hard I'd try to tackle rebuilding the actuator, but sounds you might need special tools too.

9 hours ago, cdyoder said:

I think your right. I wish I didn't have to spend the money, but oh well. I'm pretty sure I picked up the most wore out fourwheeler ever. I did find you can buy the whole dif used a little cheaper then just the actuator. If it wasn't too hard I'd try to tackle rebuilding the actuator, but sounds you might need special tools too.

said it once...will say it again...DO NOT TRY TO TAKE THAT APART !!.. you better listen to what i'm saying ..lol.

👍 I bought a whole dif on ebay. It has a speed sensor on it too . That was the best deal

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cdyoder said:

👍 I bought a whole dif on ebay. It has a speed sensor on it too . That was the best deal

lol...noooo..the best deal will be you..getting it...and it not needing repairs ?..when this happens ?..then yes..you got a deal !..lol. always...ALWAYS..check the ad very good...look at the pics..read the ad..AND FINE PRINT !..cuz..you never know what you will get..until its in your hands ?..and you then find out..its not much better than what you have already !?!..lol.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, shadetree said:

lol...noooo..the best deal will be you..getting it...and it not needing repairs ?..when this happens ?..then yes..you got a deal !..lol. always...ALWAYS..check the ad very good...look at the pics..read the ad..AND FINE PRINT !..cuz..you never know what you will get..until its in your hands ?..and you then find out..its not much better than what you have already !?!..lol.

The good thing about ebay is if it's "used" and it's non functional when you get it, you can file an "item not as advertised" and get your money back.  Only things that are listed as "for parts or not working" can truly be "no returns"

I normally check feedback, and the ones who are good will normally be honest sellers who will make it right if you get a bad/ worn part.

Powersportsnation isn't nearly as cheap as they used to be, especially on front diffs (which they now separate and sell the actuator and diff separately, which would keep me from ordering a front diff from them).  That said, they have never given me a bit of grief when I have had a problem with any part they've sent me.  They've always replaced or refunded immediately. 

3 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

The good thing about ebay is if it's "used" and it's non functional when you get it, you can file an "item not as advertised" and get your money back.  Only things that are listed as "for parts or not working" can truly be "no returns"

I normally check feedback, and the ones who are good will normally be honest sellers who will make it right if you get a bad/ worn part.

Powersportsnation isn't nearly as cheap as they used to be, especially on front diffs (which they now separate and sell the actuator and diff separately, which would keep me from ordering a front diff from them).  That said, they have never given me a bit of grief when I have had a problem with any part they've sent me.  They've always replaced or refunded immediately. 

that is why i pointed out...READ THE FINE PRINT ON EBAY !..LOL.

• Like 1

This one is supposed to be good. I didn't get it from power sports nation though. I agree some of there parts seem quite expensive. I can return it if it's bad. I'll let you know when I hopefully get it fixed. Thanks for all the advice!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cdyoder said:

It worked! The four wheel drive engages perfectly.

well done grasshopper !..lol.