Sign in to follow this  
Kevron

Bolt removal

Hey guys , occasionally I run into rusted, rounded bolts or nuts that have to come out. Most times on a tank door or a flange that you can’t cut the bolt with an electric tool because of sparks. I have used nut busters with some success but today I had to cut 8 hardened bolt heads with a hacksaw! Just wanted to know if y’all know of any tool that could be used in this situation. Thanks 

44 minutes ago, Kevron said:

Hey guys , occasionally I run into rusted, rounded bolts or nuts that have to come out. Most times on a tank door or a flange that you can’t cut the bolt with an electric tool because of sparks. I have used nut busters with some success but today I had to cut 8 hardened bolt heads with a hacksaw! Just wanted to know if y’all know of any tool that could be used in this situation. Thanks 

you must not be working on an atv ?..lol. as for getting those bolts out that is near..guessing here , a gas tank ?..yeah..i'd have to study that long and hard. but as for getting them to move ?, yep...good ole bfh, and a cold chisel works every time when you can't get anything else on it.

• Like 1