LedFTed

no see'ems an florida water

fish told me of those things. i had never heard of them . no see'ems are bugs that bite, and florid water is something to keep you cool. except,,

no see'ems are actually of the spider family, i finally found out i think. they are tiny red things, are are not supposed to bite according to science. no one taught the offspring that though. perhaps a man who is science could. the only reason i found out was: something was biting me, of pinching me and i could not see what it was. however, something very tiny kept landing on the foam, in my beer glass. i could see plenty of red bugs?,, but not anything that was this small. Sooo, i remember fish telling me about this and i looked it up. i concluded, it had to be the off spring, and they were pinching me. i cannot prove this is so, i did not have a microscope, but if you see the picture of an adult, you may believe so too. it is as good as any theory is, and thats all science is, the theory of the moment. and you have to admit, i did take a scientific approach.

Florida Water:, is not something you drink, it would probably kill you. it is a mixture of, spirits of ammonia, mixed in water, and maybe some other ingredient. you did your shirt or bandana in it, put it back on, and it cools you off.  i give it some thought and decided i dont know if i want to wear ! to cool me off. turns out i am right. it can have harmful side affects. inhaling ammonia is not a good thing to do. so i mixed my own version using horse remedies. i will not say it is any better, but as far as i know, it hasnt killed any horses.

BIGELOIL  is something is a veterinary aid for horses, and diluted with water, makes a refreshing brace, for tired over worked horses. using it though full strength, in my work, for many years, it does not say that it is harmful, exactly, just that it is not for human use, as do all veterinary products do. absorbine jr. is nothing more then diluted absorbine. besides,, using both on horses, it has never said, wear gloves, nor a mask, to block the smell.

this does keep me cool enough, clears my sinuses a bit, repels some bugs.

i will say, you best consult your doctor, or veterinarian before using, for i dont know who you go too.

I’ve used Florida water for years …. Dip clothing in the water and slap it on and cold you will get… so cold you can get sick from it….  If you add ice in the mix it works even better, and you can do about the same with green rubbing alcohol…. and no aromatic ammonia will not hurt you breathing in the little fumes it produces …. aromatic ammonia diluted to about 2-3 % ammonia …. House Hold ammonia is diluted to about 8-9%  and pure ammonia (anhydrous NH3) 99.45 = 100% pure )  …. It’s used for a variety of things from refrigerant to (injected gas in the soil under pressure) fertilizer …. .. we’ve injected anhydrous before …. And 100% pure ammonia is not one i like to mess with… but it makes one heck of a yield raising silage and shell corn… it’s not cost very effective in small operations….and a gamble… if crop ground is injected with anhydrous and it turns off to be a dry season….anhydrous will burn crops very quick so

https://www.mda.state.mn.us/pesticide-fertilizer/anhydrous-ammonia#:~:text=It is relatively easy to,%2C throat%2C lungs or skin.

https://crops.extension.iastate.edu/blog/angie-rieck-hinz/fall-anhydrous-applications-do’s-and-don’ts

IMG_0438.jpeg

IMG_0437.jpeg

Posted (edited)

my sister in law liked to clean with ammonia and bleach, at the same time. she it didnt bother her. i guess she was all ready bothered by so much of the stuff, she did, anything was an improvement.

https://search.brave.com/search?q=aromatic ammonia side effects&spellcheck=0&source=alteredQuery

i only read this yesterday, and you know how web searches go, you cant believe over half the stuff posted.

Edited by LedFTed