Kendallh

2004 foreman Rubicon 500 electrical gremlins?

Ever since I bought my foreman at the beginning of this year, my combination screen has not worked. If I were to unplug the 30a main fuse and reinstall it, the screen would work until I turned my key off. 

It's never been an issue, as I normally run in D2 and never had a need for ESP or knowing what speed I was traveling. 

However, last night a list of issues occurred all at once while I was riding around my yard. Firstly, my headlights stopped working, and immediately after that happened my neutral light and reverse light stopped working. I can faintly see the neutral light when it's dark out but otherwise I have no indication. Secondly, when I shift into drive my bike will drive but will not shift. It used to shift regularly in D1 and D2 but now all I have is 1st gear (hondamatic). 

I've checked fuses and connectors but all seems normal. 

Bike is not in limp mode, as it will drive regularly in reverse. 

Any thoughts? 

Well the Rubicons use a bunch of different sensors to tell the computer when to shift, and if anything isn't working, it goes into limp mode.

First thing I'd do is clean and check your ground at the battery and where the ground wires to to the engine and starter.   Check and clean your pos battery terminal and wire, and if no change, you'll have to dig into the wiring a bit, which will be a pain in the rear.

But first thing, check your connections and make sure you have good clean grounds etc.