struthers

2007 Honda Foreman 500Fe no spark

Hi @struthers unplug the ign. switch and put jumpers on the harness side of the connector Red to Pink and Red to Black 

• Like 1

Don't do nothing with the battery -- just unplug the key switch  and put jumpers in place -- R to P and R to BL

Ign. sw.jpg

Check the fuse again -- don't pull the fuse out -- put the black meter lead on neg. of battery -- check the fuses by touching the red meter lead on the little gray dot on top of the fuses

You have to have the key switch unplugged and jumpers in place on the connector side going to harness on the bike

Do you have 12 DC on the top of the 30 amp main fuse?

It looks like jumpers you put on are not making contact 

Those jumpers are on the connector side with the 2 Red wires - Pink & Black -- Check to see if have 12 vdc on red wire & black wire to ground of connector

@Melatv okay I actually found some wire and made jumpers I'm getting power on now light come screen comes on, but it won't turn over from the start button. I am getting 11.44 volts now out of ignition fuse location, i got about 12 volts at the battery.

does the starter turn the engine over?

I am out of here for the night -- I will see if I can find time tomorrow 

@Melatv okay now it will work at the start button I tightened my connectors, it turns over at the start button, just still no spark.

15 hours ago, struthers said:

@Melatv okay I actually found some wire and made jumpers I'm getting power on now light come screen comes on, but it won't turn over from the start button. I am getting 11.44 volts now out of ignition fuse location, i got about 12 volts at the battery.

I'm going to hope Mel comes back today, but he's bypassing your ignition key switch to see if you have a problem in the switch itself.  

Posted (edited)

Back home-- @struthers lets start with ign. coil -- remove the Bl/Y wire from the ign. coil -- put your meter on the lowest ohm scale and check the ohms of the primary side of the ign. coil -- should read around 0.1 - 2 ohms

Also check ohms on the Green wire to ground --should read zero

Edited by Melatv