honda4ever

2006 TRX 500 Fe Foreman electrical problem update

2 hours ago, honda4ever said:

Going to have to check that part number again to make sure you're asking for the right part.

A TRX500FA is the Rubicon with automatic (gear shifter on left side of tank, shift buttons on left handlebar)

A TRX500FE is a Foreman with electric manual shift (no gear shifter on left side of tank, but has shift buttons on handlebar)

A TRX500FM is a Foreman foot shift.

I've merged your other thread here where you noted a part number.  Looks like that part is for the FE, and has been superceded by 30410-HP0-A11

Yes sir mine has the shift button on the handlebars but does not have a foot shifter it does have an emergency place to put a shifter

That ECU is discontinued by Honda, which you probably already knew.

The new part number that superceded the original is 30410-HP0-A11

I had one in my parts stash and sold it to another member a few months back, which is when we all discovered the part was discontinued.

Partzilla says 2-3 days, so there's a CHANCE they have one in stock, but guessing you'll get a "no longer available" from them.  You could try calling and see what they say.

https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/30410-HP0-A11?srsltid=AfmBOoolrM2PyK7aQyzrsBAuqrdhWM66XFEBsYXsSDyXuW8K0znuI4UA

What makes you think your ECU is bad? 

When it does it it has no spark and also the electric shift will not work everything I have checked into points to it but if you know something that I need to check different please feel free to let me know. And yes I contacted Partzilla Moto Parts all of them and they say the same thing discontinued cannot get

47 minutes ago, honda4ever said:

When it does it it has no spark and also the electric shift will not work everything I have checked into points to it but if you know something that I need to check different please feel free to let me know. And yes I contacted Partzilla Moto Parts all of them and they say the same thing discontinued cannot get

Have you taken apart all of the electrical connections and cleaned them, then plugged back together?

A lot of the time electrical issues will be bad connections rather than faulty parts.

I think I have an ES ECU in my shop with a bad fan control circuit.   I can see if I can find it and you could use it for troubleshooting.   I'll look after work today.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Have you taken apart all of the electrical connections and cleaned them, then plugged back together?

A lot of the time electrical issues will be bad connections rather than faulty parts.

I think I have an ES ECU in my shop with a bad fan control circuit.   I can see if I can find it and you could use it for troubleshooting.   I'll look after work today.

Yes sir I think I have done every connection but as soon as I get a day off this week I'm going to double check go back over every connection

After beating my head against the wall not being able to find out what was causing no spark no shift per handlebar buttons and no four wheel drive activation. I cleaned every electrical connection on the machine with no luck. I would like to give a great shout out to Jeep wm69 for his above and beyond help by sending me a test ecm box to see if that was my problem. I was all excited when I got home and found it in the mail got up today and put it on no luck. I was ready to set fire to it LOL I rechecked all the electrical connection once again no luck, right before striking the match to it I looked at the Chinese carburetor I had put on it and said what the heck unplugged the throttle position switch voila it fired up! Glory be to God for good people like Jeep WM 69 even though It was not the ECM It's good to know That there are people out there that just want to help. And a piece of advice from a old ATV lover anytime you can avoid buying Chinese crap do so LOL. I put the factory throttle positioning switch back on the Chinese carburetor so far so good. But you can bet I am looking to get my OEM carburetor back on it.

• Thanks 1

Glad I could help you out.  I don't do ES machines, but situations like this justify my hoarding of old parts for machines I don't have, that have something wrong with them! 

• Thanks 1

This is the first one I have ever had also I'm old school. I lean more to stuff like the 250rs and anything with a big throttle LOL. All the years of riding I've never really done a complete engine rebuild by myself until this one. It has actually turned out awesome so now I'm looking to pick up some more junk ones to fix LOL at the moment I have seven total all of them Honda but one.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, honda4ever said:

This is the first one I have ever had also I'm old school. I lean more to stuff like the 250rs and anything with a big throttle LOL. All the years of riding I've never really done a complete engine rebuild by myself until this one. It has actually turned out awesome so now I'm looking to pick up some more junk ones to fix LOL at the moment I have seven total all of them Honda but one.

been doing this for over 30 yrs..it grows on ya

• Thanks 1