Snow Camo

300ex front shock alternatives?

Hi all,

I plan to use a 300ex front shock on the rear of my 200sx.

That said I don't know if the spring rate is up to par for a 170lb rider?🤔 do you all know of any other shocks front of or rear that would compare length wise and be up to the task?

This kinda riding is the most I have planned. All said I am just looking to have a comfy ride when cruising, so maybe the 300ex front shocks will suffice.

https://youtube.com/shorts/HIctiw3ADz0?feature=share

I'd be buying used so trial and error is ok with me. 

Thanks

Edited by Snow Camo

Yamaha blaster or 250x would all be the same length. You can find some aftermarket shocks for 300ex or blaster from time to time. I have seen some old TCS shocks and old works shocks on ebay. My daughters trx90 runs stock blaster front shocks all the way around. Made a huge difference on her quad. But stock trx90 shocks are kinda hilarious. They look like rc car shocks lol. I know for sure some lawnmowers have more travel than a stock trx90 haha.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SlammedRanger said:

Yamaha blaster or 250x would all be the same length. You can find some aftermarket shocks for 300ex or blaster from time to time. I have seen some old TCS shocks and old works shocks on ebay. My daughters trx90 runs stock blaster front shocks all the way around. Made a huge difference on her quad. But stock trx90 shocks are kinda hilarious. They look like rc car shocks lol. I know for sure some lawnmowers have more travel than a stock trx90 haha.

Awesome man! I'll check those out here shortly. 

Lol rc car shocks! I have a few so I can relate! Haaa

20221204_133836.jpg

Nice! Yeah i have 4. A rustler 4x4. A e-revo, a tamiya tt-01 touring car, and a tt-01 euro truck. Did some local carpet club racing last year. But the local hobby shop closed. So now waiting for a new place a friend is starting up to race this year.

Rock on man! My grey outcast has smaller 2.3s off a Mohave. Hits 60mph+ in less then a second. I have raced it on the street a couple times. In an open field it's a ridiculous beast! I'd like to pickup something for street bash days, but with how quick street tires wear I'll keep throwing rooster tails in the dirt lol.

Love that thing. I swap to 3.8s and go rich duperbash lol. Gotta love sending these things!