Carlson

2017 trx420fa5 clutch slip

I have a 2017 trx420 fa5. Just replaced the clutch’s because they were slipping. If I put in in esp it seems like the clutch’s slip during auto shift, if I manual shift. No clutch slippage.  Also has no shift codes. Old clutch looked good  one metal plate was slightly discolored 

14 hours ago, Carlson said:

I have a 2017 trx420 fa5. Just replaced the clutch’s because they were slipping. If I put in in esp it seems like the clutch’s slip during auto shift, if I manual shift. No clutch slippage.  Also has no shift codes. Old clutch looked good  one metal plate was slightly discolored 

Welcome aboard.  I think that's just the nature of the design.

Wife has a 2009 DCT Rancher, and I thought the same thing, to the point of going and buying all new clutches.  When I tore the engine down for a rebuild the clutches all looked fine.  Then I rode a friend's DCT Rancher and it was the exact same way.

These Ranchers run on oil pressure, so make sure it's full of JASO MA rated oil, and run it.

I personally don't like the way the DCT's shift in auto mode at all.  Wife doesn't either, which is why she claimed my Hondamatic Rubicon as hers now, and I'm having to un-mod her Rancher so I can sell it. 

They tried the firm shifts on the first DCT Rubicons and within months there was a rewrite so dealers could change the shift points and "soften" the shift. People did not like the positive/firm shift of them.

@Carlson How many miles are on the machine? Have you owned it since new (or long enough) and this is a new issue?