lilbell

Same sad story

Hello to everyone. It's good to be here. Sorta thought I knew it all, but turns out only my wife does. She just can't help me here. So I got a 2001 Rancher trx 350 SE FE 4x4. I was having problems with not shifting electronically already. Ok, I order the bypass harness, hooked it up as directed. It started shifting. I started with reverse, went back to neutral and then into first, from 1st to 2nd is where it all went wrong. ( I did so at low idle rpms) when it connected to second I heard a pop. So I stopped right there and did the only thing I new might would work I used the manual shifting, only problem now is my manual shift lever not only won't shift but has 5 time ms the slack then ever bf and won't shift anything when bf it wood shift thru all the gears no problems. I had no warning light flashing everything read fine like it's suppose to even the shifting indicator. Any words from the wise? Thank u

Probably something like a broken shift plate or bolt backed out of the shift drum.

If it won't shift using the emergency shifter you have a mechanical issue and will have to open it up.

If you can stand the machine up on the back wheels/back rack, you can get the front cover off the engine without having to pull the engine.  That said, You'll have to unbolt the front differential and pull it forward enough to get the front driveshaft out before you stand it up on its rear end.

Ok I appreciate it, only question I have if u may know? What could have possibly been the cause of this, or is it just one of those things?

Just one of those things.   The shift plates on the 350's are known to crack/break.  That's likely what you'll find.

Ok I appreciate ur time, thank u. U did save me alot of stress trying to figure out "what next" have a day good.