aandersonfit5@gmail.com

2007 Honda TRX Foreman Broken Spindle

I have a 2007 Honda Fourtrax Foreman TRX 500FM manual shift and this spring the shift spindle broke on it. The part that broke was the flat washer like piece on the end of spindle. This caused the entire spindle to fibrate out of the engine making it impossible to shift. After about 30 hours I replace the shift spindle. That was a lot of work! It worked great for about 5 minutes. Then when I looked down the spindle was coming out again. Obviously, the spindle broke. Does anyone know what is causing this?
Thanks!

5 hours ago, [email protected] said:

I have a 2007 Honda Fourtrax Foreman TRX 500FM manual shift and this spring the shift spindle broke on it. The part that broke was the flat washer like piece on the end of spindle. This caused the entire spindle to fibrate out of the engine making it impossible to shift. After about 30 hours I replace the shift spindle. That was a lot of work! It worked great for about 5 minutes. Then when I looked down the spindle was coming out again. Obviously, the spindle broke. Does anyone know what is causing this?
Thanks!

post up some pics of what part you are talking about ?, maybe link a fich parts layout, telling what part where ?. if this is the shift shaft on left side of motor ?, its held in with a bolt through the rear stator cover.

• Like 1

Agreed with Shade.  Post pics of exactly what's happening.

Here's a rebuild thread on that engine, has quite a few pics. 

• Like 1

Was the shift shaft (spindle) all the way in place when the stopper bolt was installed? That little end is pretty fragile but not that fragile to break without the shifter getting some kind of jolt.