F250 guy

General model question + carb question.

Hey guys it's been a while, would anyone know what A and AN means for the different models of the 300? My carb question is, does anybody have a precise picture of the slot the E clip for the needle goes in for a 2wd 300? 

I'm going back with factory parts, reason for asking is choke on very first start has me confused since I did it last time. Plus that Shindy needle didn't seal. 

Thanks guys. Going to start on it probably next weekend.  

JD

53 minutes ago, F250 guy said:

Hey guys it's been a while, would anyone know what A and AN means for the different models of the 300? My carb question is, does anybody have a precise picture of the slot the E clip for the needle goes in for a 2wd 300? 

I'm going back with factory parts, reason for asking is choke on very first start has me confused since I did it last time. Plus that Shindy needle didn't seal. 

Thanks guys. Going to start on it probably next weekend.  

JD

Hi , how you been !

I think what it means is that sub model was made for a atv built to specs for N , which could be New Hampshire and there different is a stop light , like this #6 , cause it was required by that state to be sold in that state , could have been other differences like a switch to activate the light ,etc 

image.png

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Hi , how you been !

I think what it means is that sub model was made for a atv built to specs for N , which could be New Hampshire and there different is a stop light , like this #6 , cause it was required by that state to be sold in that state , could have been other differences like a switch to activate the light ,etc 

image.png

Been good man, just living life, considering an 87 F-350 6.9  idi 4 speed 4x4 183,000 miles for 5 grand. Or a 97 F-250 351W 5 speed 4x4 for 6 grand . Just curious about those questions cause my sticker wore off. As for the carb E clip, does the service manual show pictures and where would I go to download it?

4 hours ago, F250 guy said:

Been good man, just living life, considering an 87 F-350 6.9  idi 4 speed 4x4 183,000 miles for 5 grand. Or a 97 F-250 351W 5 speed 4x4 for 6 grand . Just curious about those questions cause my sticker wore off. As for the carb E clip, does the service manual show pictures and where would I go to download it?

stock setting on all trx300 carb's for the e-clip ( i call it c-clip ) is middle groove on main jet needle, most times for honda's, there are 5 grooves on the main jet needle, put the c-clip in the middle groove.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, shadetree said:

stock setting on all trx300 carb's for the e-clip ( i call it c-clip ) is middle groove on main jet needle, most times for honda's, there are 5 grooves on the main jet needle, put the c-clip in the middle groove.

Thanks buddy. 

• Like 1