Bman

03 Foreman 450 ES LCD missing information?

So from what I know the screen is supposed to o display the current gear. And there supposed to be a line across the screen to separate the MPH from the trip/mileage info.  The screen Has no line. And no gearshift display period. No --- No L shaped box. Nothing.     I've read some people mention to check the shift angle and the position sensor. But from what I understand it SHOULD still display the box and the ---.  The ES does seem to work just fine. 

What would cause the display to just not display the info? 

Now Im pretty sure the LCD has been swapped to another one because the miles and hours are both WAY to high. 500k+ which I think is a glitch that happens when they are swapped? 

IMG_20231023_210512232.jpg

• Like 1

Wonder if that's a footshift meter swapped onto an ES.....

The 02-04 450 footshifts don't show the gear, just the speed.  The ES should show the gear.

The mileage/hours is usually that way when the machine is left for a long time with a dead battery and it corrupts the programming.

@AKATV could probably get it clear, and maybe even get the mileage back to a ballpark range of what you think is on there, but I think the gear position being gone is because it's not the right meter.

That's possible it's not an ES meter. But it's still missing that line across the meter completely.

The 450 meters didn't have lines on them.  That's the similar looking 01-04 Rubicon meters you're thinking about.

450FM meter for 02-04 is here.

https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/37200-HN0-670?ref=48f33001656fba85e86bee03a265e027c1cea96f

02-04 450FM.jpg

Here's your 01-04 Rubicon meter

https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/37200-HN2-003?ref=9d99ec83d458c5bfa02c53f3afd1643d043900b2

01-04 Rubicon.jpg

I'm referring to this line. It's not a permanent line. It's one the LCD displays. Like this one for example.  The line that separates the Speedo and gear indicator from the milage and hours. 

00G0G_aGrgS44pmsd_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

Ah, I got you.

Looks like it's something @AKATV has seen before, and how he addressed it.

"(just kidding it was sent into to me for reprogramming)

This is what happens to your speedometer milage and hours when you run without a battery or let it go dead -( which is really hard on your stator and voltage reg too)

This is actually a 450ES-notice the gear position area is missing, which is common as well"

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bman said:

I'm referring to this line. It's not a permanent line. It's one the LCD displays. Like this one for example.  The line that separates the Speedo and gear indicator from the milage and hours. 

00G0G_aGrgS44pmsd_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

Your  seperation line that is missing is due to the corrupted data, its part of the gearshift indicator programming and will come back once programmed

I see it quite often

-AKATV

• Like 2