bigcountry78

Clutch adjustment needed?

I found the how to for adjusting the clutches, but when should it be done? My rancher shifts just fine, but it seems to slip ever so slightly when taking off from a dead stop in first gear. Wondering if that’s a sign that I need to do the adjustment, or if there’s something else going on.

Could be a simple clutch adjustment, might be a worn centrifugal clutch as well

I usually only adjust mine after having the front cover off and then recheck after 100 miles or so

but I think once a year or at oil change would probably be good, depends on how much you ride and conditions, pulling, driving style, etc

-AKATV

• Like 1

I did an oil change today because I wasn’t positive that it had the correct wet clutch oil in it. Now, it doesn’t slip anymore but it’s harder and harsher shifting now. I think I’m going to adjust it since it probably hasn’t been done ever in the machine’s history. I’ll admit and report back.

The adjustment has solved many problems along the way, hope it does yours too....

• Like 1

It did, the adjustment is just about right and made it much easier to shift. The downside is I boogered up the threads on the adjustment screw because it was so tight. I’ll have to replace it at some point, but for now it’s shifting great.

• Like 1