WonderMonkey

Communications From Your ATV

I know the SxS community does GMRS quite a bit.  Do you run GMRS or another radio or communication system on your atvs?  I currently do not but I'm considering encouraging a crew that may end up doing regular camps with me to get GMRS.  Not in-ear or in-helmet, but just a hand held with an upgraded antenna.  SxS makes it easy to use an even nicer antenna, but as you know with an atv it's not that easy.  I personally would carry a roll-up J-Pole for times when I need better send/receive.  I'm currently a GMRS license holder, as well as amateur radio (HAM).

What say ye?

Edited by WonderMonkey
  • Like 1

Great post! I currently do not have my ham certification.... but i do use radios on my bikes, i have them all set to key emergancy services repeaters but that is only in case of a legit emergancy << (i was a volunteer firefighter) especaily being im alone most of the time when i was doing firewood  and was a good call.. doing firewood, most of us have had close calls ... i started out years ago with a conversion radio... i wont go into detail about those models... but this was before cell phones...and i have every sence then... got into the habit when we were farming big...back then it was cb radios in equipment... then little handy talkies... in the uhf range..... which bring a valid point up... this nation wide move to encrypt radio traffic is beyond idiotic... anyone who thinks a crimminal would gain anything in the slightest against  LE is beyond a.. nine thinking... i would like to point out... if someone is debating calling 911 biased on embarrassment  that they might have details broadcasted over the air.... well then think about this.... the people wanted the 911 system... deal with the nature of the beast... DO NOT completcate things with encryption just because.... because of embarrassment ..... i bet ten to one if someone had there Johnson stuck some place it wasnt me to be he wouldn't hesitate to call....embarrassment or not.... that last part had to be said.... and lets not forget the FCC regulates .....BUT DOES NOT OWN THE AIR WAVES....the power that be are pushing this agenda too much..... ive talked with several people of LE and medical services, none of them see benifits of encrypting radio traffic... the cost alone is too much, and the systems are too completcated... especaily when they give trouble... my bad for the sharp right turn.... but they have taken too much from us and people have the right to know whats going on...around there family's and lives...THATS A FACT.. so people who worry about embarsing accidents ? Get over it.... one persons feelings does not matter when it comes to peoples safty...      

• Like 1

16 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Sigh...... toss it up to me running off at the mouth / fingers lol 

Dang fingers!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

My atv never talks to me, or back at me. it must be an older model and definitely not female, for if it did talk to me, that could explain the silence.

Edited by LedFTed

Es machines dont have many complaints eh ? ...... guess you and Wm have something in commmen... extra time...NOT...wrenching ++