Kendallh

2004 Honda foreman Rubicon 500 stuck in 4th gear?

So the TPS caused that much of a problem on the Rubicon?   That's good to know.  On my footshifts it was just an annoying blinking error code, but didn't really mess with rideability.

Yeah I'm kind of surprised a bad tps caused such an issue. After finally riding around for the first time shifting through the gears I kind of get it though, because the amount of throttle imput dictates when it upshifts or downshifts. So it makes sense, but also sucks because it can mess up so seemingly easily. The idea of limp mode is to get home and get it fixed. It will still get you home, but you kind of have to fix the issues with it being fully automatic. No option for a foot shifter on the hondamatic. 

Yeah I'm keeping my footshifts for work and hunting.  I had a Rubicon practically given to me, fixed it up (frame issues, swingarm bolt stripped out on one side) and the wife ended up stealing it as "hers".

Picked up a 2012 a bit later pictured here.   I've gone through it now, and it looks great, but started slipping the first time I took it on an extended ride, so I've gone through my extra engine now and plan on swapping them out sometime soon.  

I want a Rubicon to cruise around on.   My footshifts are my working machines, but riding the farm with the wife and kids the Hondamatic was nice.   Much better than the newer DCT machines when it comes to how they shift.   The wife had a DCT rancher with IRS and told me to sell it after she rode the Rubicon.