M_goerler

2003 honda rincon 650 won't trun over with stater

2003 honda rincon 650 won't trun over with starter can't pull start too hard to pull sounds like I'm pulling against starter replace the cam it was bad and still can't get engine to start with starter but if you keep hitting the start button in will turn over sooner or later any ideas it did it before I change the cam thought it was decompression vales but I'm stuck now

1 hour ago, M_goerler said:

2003 honda rincon 650 won't trun over with starter can't pull start too hard to pull sounds like I'm pulling against starter replace the cam it was bad and still can't get engine to start with starter but if you keep hitting the start button in will turn over sooner or later any ideas it did it before I change the cam thought it was decompression vales but I'm stuck now

could be a bad starter ?. the brushes do wear out.

It's a new starter old one was doing the same thing

was the rear cover removed for any work ?, its posb the starter is in a bind ?. maybe from a missing thrust washer ?, missing gasket ?. i have seen owners remove rear cover, use rtv sealant ( a no no ! ), pinch starter transfer gears.

Not that I know of it don't look like it I know he said he changed the starter once and it didn't fix the problem and I changed it a again thinking he might have gotten a bad one does it have a throw out gear for startor?

Could the battery just not have the cranking amps for the starter I know I tried a jump box but them things barely start a car

Could the battery just not have the cranking amps for the starter I know I tried a jump box but them things barely start a car

You don't have a battery on the machine now?   It takes a bit to turn over that Rincon engine.   You need a good strong battery on them or they won't shift right either; the computer and all the electronic stuff on them uses a lot of juice.

43 minutes ago, M_goerler said:

It's got a battery but only showing 12.5 volts with key on

volts and cranking amps are 2 diff things.

OK thanks for the help I fixed it valves were way out of adjustments  runs great now and starts fine

• Like 2