shadetree

kwik-way bor bar

As some of ya'll know, i've came into a couple golden machines ?!. i call them big john, and little john. they are a kwik-way boring bar machines. they are very very old and very very rare to find them , let alone that works ?!. ok..little john works, but needs some shadetree touch to it ?..lol. big john does very well !. i had to bore out a cylinder that came on this stupid trx300ex to a 74.45mm piston. i did get it bored out with the old cutter that came with it, but i did break down and purchase two new cutting tips to go into the holders. one is a rough cut, the other is a fine cut. with some practice, i'll get to make some cash on the side from doing bor jobs, sounds boring eh ?..lol. really though...its getting harder and harder to locate folks that can bore cylinders, let alone cheap, and fast ?. i will not be sending my cylinders out any longer to get bored out. here is a pic of big john, and little john i took today when i was working on this trx300ex.

IMG_0748.JPG

IMG_0749.JPG

• Like 3

Wow very nice machines! I envy you!

• Like 1

On 4/14/2024 at 12:04 AM, retro said:

Wow very nice machines! I envy you!

Yeah I'm jelly too.   I want to see them in action!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Yeah I'm jelly too.   I want to see them in action!

haha..you know where i live, bring the cylinders and pistons you bought for them, and that over size you said you were gonna get for that trx500fm..and i can do them while you wait, oh...and bring lots of cash !..rofl.