bee

1986 250 fourtrax

just picked up recently  installed  new battery  and have no power anywhere checked fuses ok no ignition or lights is there a master fuse or something i should look for ?

Sounds silly but, any chance the batt is reversed? Can you use the pull cord to get it going with the key on?

No battery is installed correctly and won’t kick start either 

6 hours ago, ATC4ever said:

Sounds silly but, any chance the batt is reversed? Can you use the pull cord to get it going with the key on?

these models do not have a pull cord, ele and kick start only.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, bee said:

just picked up recently  installed  new battery  and have no power anywhere checked fuses ok no ignition or lights is there a master fuse or something i should look for ?

under handle bars in the front, black plastic part, should have a lid on it ?, open it, under it is the main fuses.on some of these models, there is a tall rubber boot near the battery it has a red wire going in, red wire going out, open the cap, easyly pull the holder out of the boot, inside this boot is what looks like a tiny wrench ?, this is a fuse ( don't ask me why honda made these like this !..lol ). not all trx250's have this fuse, but some do.

18 hours ago, shadetree said:

these models do not have a pull cord, ele and kick start only.

Frig i forgot, & I even had one of these lol

Found the issue it was the fuses under the handlebars the  harness was not connected properly  thanks for the info 

• Like 2