Kurt

Kurt here need some help with a rubicon

2002 trx500fa no read out from digital speed on combination meter. Any ideas would be helpful.

Welcome aboard. 

The engine uses the speed sensor for shifting, so without it, the thing's not going to run right.

If you look in the toolbar at the top of the page, there's a "service manuals" tab.  Click it and download the factory service manual for your machine.  It has some pretty detailed troubleshooting in it.

Is your meter throwing an error code, or just registering 0 all of the time?

Thanks for info I will check into that. I had another manual that covers some models but doesn't  have quite what I need. Code present is for speed sensor circuit.I replaced it but nothing changed, and it needs the speed reading in order to know when to shift. I have power going to combination meter 12.45 volts with key on blue black wire should have voltage to speed sensor, but it's nothing .continuity test wire is good. I think it's lost in circuit board but I'm  not sure what to do at that point. It's my buddy's machine trying to help get him going he likes his auto shift ruby thanks I will see if manual has something I'm not seeing. Kurt

1 hour ago, Kurt said:

Thanks for info I will check into that. I had another manual that covers some models but doesn't  have quite what I need. Code present is for speed sensor circuit.I replaced it but nothing changed, and it needs the speed reading in order to know when to shift. I have power going to combination meter 12.45 volts with key on blue black wire should have voltage to speed sensor, but it's nothing .continuity test wire is good. I think it's lost in circuit board but I'm  not sure what to do at that point. It's my buddy's machine trying to help get him going he likes his auto shift ruby thanks I will see if manual has something I'm not seeing. Kurt

@AKATV is the meter guru.  He might be able to assist on the meter readings.

2 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

@AKATV is the meter guru.  He might be able to assist on the meter readings.

That would be a great help .I could explain what is going on to this point and see what he thinks.