Posted (edited)

I have a 2007 Honda foreman that was running rough (sputtering) due to it sitting in my building not being run for about 7 months so I had the carburetor rebuilt prior to this it would crank and run as I said it run rough but it would run since putting it on there is no spark. I have put a new battery,  new ignition coil, wire, spark plug, and new cdi box, but there is still no spark any help would be much appreciated thanks. 

Edited by Tammy Seals

Posted (edited)

you did state it would crank before, but did not say it would run. why was a new carburetor put on?  was the carburator OEM? is the starter good? have you tried jumping the jumping the solenoid to see if the starter works and it will still crank?

im a bit rusty, on diagnosing. 

Edited by LedFTed

Yes it was running but it was in building for about 7 months without being run due to broke ankle my uncle put the carburetor on it  and now it want run there is no spark and the carb was rebuilt and I am new to working on my 4 wheeler but I checked the solenoid and it read good but stater is one thing I haven’t checked 

Posted (edited)

did u jump the the solenoid?, as take a wire and touch both copper colored terminals, to see if the starter works to crank the motor? 1 wire goes to the battery, the other to the starter.

Edited by LedFTed

I had not checked that so I will check that next what am I looking for it to do sorry as I said new to this

having questions is normal. everyone is new at some point.

if you dont mind me asking, how did you find this site?

Was looking up reasons for no spark and this site popped up a couple of times so thought I would give it a try

usually it is hidden by most searches

On 7/20/2024 at 6:15 AM, Tammy Seals said:

I have a 2007 Honda foreman that was running rough (sputtering) due to it sitting in my building not being run for about 7 months so I had the carburetor rebuilt prior to this it would crank and run as I said it run rough but it would run since putting it on there is no spark. I have put a new battery,  new ignition coil, wire, spark plug, and new cdi box, but there is still no spark any help would be much appreciated thanks. 

So it will turn over, but not start?

Where did you source the new parts you put on?  Hondas don't like chinese aftermarket electrical bits.

• Like 1

Footshift or ES?    When you say you replaced the CDI box, do you mean the ECU under the front fender?

Have you looked at the voltage regulator over the right rear wheel?

• Like 1

On 7/22/2024 at 11:47 PM, Tammy Seals said:

I had not checked that so I will check that next what am I looking for it to do sorry as I said new to this

sorry,, i got lost on another another again question for a moment. 🥵

It is foot shift and I changed the CDI box not the ECU and no I haven’t checked the voltage regulator yet  

Well,, you are in better hands now, for that, i am glad.

On 8/2/2024 at 5:25 PM, Tammy Seals said:

It is foot shift and I changed the CDI box not the ECU and no I haven’t checked the voltage regulator yet  

Well the CDI and ECU are all one component on these machines.  What exactly did you replace that you're referring to as a CDI?

If you had spark before you did carb work, I'd be looking around anything that could have become disconnected or pulled loose around the carb.  The TPS on the side of the carb is the only thing that I can think off right off the top of my head.   If they fail they can cause a no spark issue. 

You can download the factory service manual in PDF format at the top of the forum home page under "service manuals".  It will tell you how to test the TPS on the side of the carb to make sure that it's reading within specs.  Look at page 22-17 and it shows how to check the TPS.

• Like 1

Ok thank you I have been busy but I am able to work on it today so going to check the TPS here’s hoping today is the day I figure it out

Ok I want to make sure but would these be right or no I thought that the wires on each end of the connector should color match but new to this so I know I could be wrong

IMG_0072.jpeg

4 hours ago, Tammy Seals said:

Ok I want to make sure but would these be right or no I thought that the wires on each end of the connector should color match but new to this so I know I could be wrong

IMG_0072.jpeg

they are color matched, least for the most part anyway, normal for honda.

when ya get to fixing those plug connectors, put dialectic grease on the terminals. it keeps out moisture, and does not interfere, with electric.

On 8/10/2024 at 11:52 PM, Tammy Seals said:

Thank you everyone for the help it was the TPS 

Thanks for reporting back the fix.   Should help someone else out in the future who has the same problem.