jeepwm69

09 Foreman TRX500FPM project

Got this one for $500 the other day.

Engine is locked up, and there was a chunk of piston on the skidplate, so guessing the former owner slapped a new piston/jug on the engine without cleaning out the busted up OEM piston.   I have 2 rebuilt engines in the floor of my shop so figured I could quickly swap an engine in and flip it.

Of course, when I went to look at it, rear rack mounting points are all busted off of the frame, so it's going to have to have some welding/frame work on the back to get it right.

So this morning I decided to remove all the fenders, both to make it easier to pull the engine and also allow for welding up on the back of the frame where the rear rack bolts on.

Always nice when you find a bunch of bolts missing, and a bunch of non-OEM bolts holding the top end on.........

foreman 09.jpg

foreman 09 2.jpg

• Like 1

lol..glutin for punishment i see..lol.

• Haha 1

It's one of those "The longer you look at it, the worse it gets" machines for sure!

• Haha 1

Got the fenders off of this one yesterday.   Took it up to my welding guy to have him reinstall the rear rack mounting points on the frame, and he is backed up and told me to bring it back next week.

So, will probably try to get the engine pulled and swapped out in the meantime.  

Finally got around to pulling the engine on this one

I think I can get by with a set of rings!

IMG_4797.jpeg

IMG_4798.jpeg

IMG_4800.jpeg

• Sad 1

Got an extra engine that I'd already gone through/ rebuilt set in place yesterday.  Ran out of time before I got everything hooked up to test fire it.

Have rain coming in later from this hurricane, so probably be Sunday before i can get back to it.

On 9/10/2024 at 4:36 PM, jeepwm69 said:

Finally got around to pulling the engine on this one

I think I can get by with a set of rings!

IMG_4797.jpeg

IMG_4798.jpeg

IMG_4800.jpeg

hydro locked maybe ?.

reminder, i still have a 500 cylinder here if ya ever want it ?. if my memory is halfway decent ?, it has 475cc stamped on it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bigcountry78 said:

She’s rough. But you’ve got parts and know how so I’m sure you’ll get it. Are you gonna keep it or flip it?

he's a flipper...all he needs now is some water !..rofl.

• Like 1

This one will be sold once I get it back together.  Already had a rebuilt engine in the shop that I've swapped in.   I need to adjust valves, get fenders installed (changing to white fenders) and put some better tires on it, then it will get listed.