bigcountry78

Rancher vs foreman…

41 minutes ago, bigcountry78 said:

lol I know, I had a 2000 rancher ES 4x4 when they first came out. It bit me. But, I do think the concept is neat, and I really liked the full floorboards. I know I can get aftermarket ones for my current one, but the fit and finish isn’t there. You know, for a system that was introduced in 1998, you would think they would have gotten it perfected much sooner. And, it wasn’t like my 2000 was ridden in deep water. It was ridden like a typical ATV, Mostly woods, dirt roads and light surface mud when those roads were wet. If I remember correctly it went back 5 times in 10 months. One was for a loose connection that was caused by a stick, and once was for a cracked shift drum which is a known issue for 2000-2001 models. I don’t remember what the other issues were.

'' the other issue '' is it being an es. you do know...es stands for extra stupid...right ?..rofl.

On 9/24/2024 at 9:54 AM, bigcountry78 said:

Just casually searching facebook marketplace. I found this one listed for $3800. I probably shouldn’t be shopping, but I’m curious about what I can get for mine vs how much it would take to find a decent replacement. Odd thing is the foreman and rancher are very close in price here, in spite of the differences.

IMG_6622.png

IMG_6623.png

IMG_6624.png

this yr model is full time 4wd, it does not have select 2wd/4wd on it. i know this for a fact, just look at the meter ^^, there is no 4wd light on far right side. tells me its anywhere from '98 to '01. honda did not put the select 2wd/4wd on these models until '02 to '04.