Lost in NY

Electrical issues, 2006 TRX350FE FourTrax Rancher 4x4 ES

4 wheeler is not running right now.  I parked it in the driveway for part of the summer and it all went to !.  Battery died and wouldn't take a charge, replaced. Electric shift isn't working but I can manually shift thru all the gears. Having problems with "motor" fuse blowing with switch off, the rectifier was extreamly hot so I bought a new one, it solved that problem for a day. I bought Flir infrared camera, the heat traces to the rectifier and thru to the grounds near the handlebars next to ignition module.  The new rectifier does not get hot to the touch like the one replaced.  The fan was running with the ignition on, I changed oil temp sensor it stopped.   Starter isn't engaging and it was when I put in the new battery.  The meter connector had one pin corroded off, I by passed the connector with that one wire.

No I don't want to burn it to the ground and buy a new one.  Any help would be great, Thank You

15 hours ago, Lost in NY said:

4 wheeler is not running right now.  I parked it in the driveway for part of the summer and it all went to !.  Battery died and wouldn't take a charge, replaced. Electric shift isn't working but I can manually shift thru all the gears. Having problems with "motor" fuse blowing with switch off, the rectifier was extreamly hot so I bought a new one, it solved that problem for a day. I bought Flir infrared camera, the heat traces to the rectifier and thru to the grounds near the handlebars next to ignition module.  The new rectifier does not get hot to the touch like the one replaced.  The fan was running with the ignition on, I changed oil temp sensor it stopped.   Starter isn't engaging and it was when I put in the new battery.  The meter connector had one pin corroded off, I by passed the connector with that one wire.

No I don't want to burn it to the ground and buy a new one.  Any help would be great, Thank You

Aftermarket rectifier?  

Hmmmm.  Will it turn over at all?   Have a good strong green neutral light and an N on the dash?

The display is trash, nothing to see.  It is in neutral for sure, the starter will turn now if I jump the starter, so I don't think there is a signal from the start button.

The display is trash, nothing to see.  It is in neutral for sure, the starter will turn now if I jump the starter, so I don't think there is a signal from the start button.

Well there's a gear position switch, and if it doesn't detect neutral, the machine will not turn over and will not have spark.

So first off, let's see pics of the meter to see if it's something @AKATV might be able to fix.

Second, try grounding the green wire/red tracer, which is what should happen when the machine is in neutral.  

Basically outlined here, but I have a relay and a newer brake lever with microswitches involved.   But ultimately, grounding that wire tells the ECU that the machine is in neutral, so the starter will spin and you'll get spark, assuming you don't have other faulty components.

If that works, you'll have to check your gear position switch and see if it's faulty, or wiring to the gear position switch.

Right now I have had time to start diagnosing, I did an electrical current leak test.  Found disconnecting either of the connections to the ECU stopped the drain.  I did not find any other connections that stopped the leak.  So do I replace the ECU?

so I disconnected the gray 8 pin connector, there is a greenish blue wire with red stripe, I grounded it, nothing happened.

Wiring diagram says green/red is from the reverse switch.

30A motor fuse is not blowing out any more, rectifier is hooked up and causing no problems.  Electric shift is working properly.  Starter switch is doing nothing.

so I disconnected the gray 8 pin connector, there is a greenish blue wire with red stripe, I grounded it, nothing happened.

Wiring diagram says green/red is from the reverse switch.

30A motor fuse is not blowing out any more, rectifier is hooked up and causing no problems.  Electric shift is working properly.  Starter switch is doing nothing.

starter solenoid sounds bad, or you have battery hooked up wrong to it and ground.