honda4ever

2006 Honda Foreman 500 no spark and electric shift

I have a 2006 TRX 500 f e Foreman. It was running fine cut it off when it started back I have no fire. When it does this I noticed that the electric shift button will not work either nor will the four-wheel drive switch I have took the plastic off unplugged all the electrical connectors and put dialectical Grease I have changed the voltage regulator and still have nothing. Has anyone had this same problem before if so what was the fix?

The 4wd doesn't work without the machine running, so that's one less worry for you.  Will it turn over, but no spark, or does it not even turn over?

This will sound stupid, but first thing check your kill switch on the left handlebar.  You'd be surprised at how many people bump that switch off center and then get no start. 

If that's centered, you'll have to go through bit by bit to test.  I'm not the electrical guru here, that would be @retro and @Melatv, but I can get you started.

Strong green neutral light/ N on the display?   Have you tried starting with right brake lever pulled?

Did you put an OEM voltage regulator on, or did you put an aftermarket unit on it?  If you put aftermarket on it, put the OEM unit back on.

20 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

The 4wd doesn't work without the machine running, so that's one less worry for you.  Will it turn over, but no spark, or does it not even turn over?

This will sound stupid, but first thing check your kill switch on the left handlebar.  You'd be surprised at how many people bump that switch off center and then get no start. 

If that's centered, you'll have to go through bit by bit to test.  I'm not the electrical guru here, that would be @retro and @Melatv, but I can get you started.

Strong green neutral light/ N on the display?   Have you tried starting with right brake lever pulled?

Did you put an OEM voltage regulator on, or did you put an aftermarket unit on it?  If you put aftermarket on it, put the OEM unit back on.

Yes it's a OEM voltage regulator and yes I made sure my stop switch is in the center and working correctly I have not tried to hold the right hand brake so I will try that today thank you for your input this has been a nightmare LOL